Bow drill workshop

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nov 14, 2005
Northiam, East Sussex
Damn it, why are these things always miles away!

Would love to of joined you, but distance and time will permit me.

Hope you do a good write up afterwards. Perhaps you could even post up the finer points and a few pics...

Oh well, have fun all.

Geoff

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
OK folks I'll be offline from about 8:30 tonight so I'll look forward to seeing y'all on Sunday at the farm at 10am. Looking forward to it :)

Any questions please ask before 8:30 tonight as I won't be on the BCUK site until next week now.

Cheers

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
This means that I get to be the first one to say a public thanks to everybody for making todays workshop so enjoyable. I won't list names as I'm bound to forget one or two, but I for one enjoyed the day and learnt a valuable skill. Now all I have to do is wipe the smile off my face and get through the night shift.

Thanks everyone

Ogri the trog

PS Tony, do we have a member status of "Firemaker"? ;)

Phil562

Settler
Jul 15, 2005
Middlesbrough
Well done to Falling Rain for organising a great workshop :You_Rock_

I have always thought fire by friction was some black art, not anymore :p

Nicks method of instruction was spot on, I may have been the first to make fire, but I certainly was'nt the last, despte leaving early, kids and wife in tow, their was fire sprouting everywhere.

Nick your all in stew and lashings of tea was very much appreciated as the temperature was cold to say the least.

All phots taken are in my gallery ( apologies for more of me but swmbo took them)

PS - Ogri which one was you, if I had known I would have said hello ;)

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Ogri the trog said:
PS Tony, do we have a member status of "Firemaker"? ;)

Umm, it might come about ;) Although, I hope that everyone ends up as a firemaker, which would make it a bit redundant! :D

Fantastic stuff guys, it's great that you all go together and just got on with it. There’s so much that we can all give to each other and you lot are the example of how! It's what Bushcraft UK is all about :D

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Phil562 said:
PS - Ogri which one was you, if I had known I would have said hello ;)

Phil562,
You did, I was disguised as the bloke in the green shirt ;)
2nd to get an inferno, green headover as a bob-hat, talking to Andyn as we walked towards the fire site.
3rd from left, facing camera in photo 181205 thankfully a sufficiently fuzzy shot ;)

ATB

Ogri the trog

Phil562

Settler
Jul 15, 2005
Middlesbrough
Ogri the trog said:
Phil562,
You did, I was disguised as the bloke in the green shirt ;)
2nd to get an inferno, green headover as a bob-hat, talking to Andyn as we walked towards the fire site.

ATB

Ogri the trog

Ogri

Yep, well hope to meet you again. I'm sure our paths will cross ;)

Hows that then me first with fire then you, hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Phil562 said:
Ogri

Yep, well hope to meet you again. I'm sure our paths will cross ;)

Hows that then me first with fire then you, hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

You bet you're boots I enjoyed it - can't wait to try it again, but I'm stuck in work. :(

All the best buddy

Ogri the trog

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Well it was great to meet everyone and a big thank you to Nick for a great workshop and to Mark for all the help and advice you gave during the day on someof the random topics of conversation i kept throwing at you :lmao: . It was much appreciated. Especially the demo on game preparation. Yum it was!

I'm still buzzing from the day!

DSC00242.jpg

Thanks again Nick & Mark for a very enjoyable day.

Have definately improved by technique and learnt a great deal. The pheasant dissection was an unexpected highlight.

Have a great Xmas everyone and look forward to meeting up again in the New Year.

Gerry

Grez

Forager
Apr 16, 2005
-
Just wanted to say a big thanks to both Falling Rain and Buckshot for a most enjoyable day.

It was also great to meet everyone and finally put some faces to names. :)

I think my arm will make a full recovery so more pactice is definatly in order. :D

Grez..

bloodline

Settler
Feb 18, 2005
England
Great day, thanks to Mark and Nick for their help and advice Im inspired by two people giving up their free time to pass on their considerable knowledge free of charge to others. It was also great to meet all the others and put faces to all the names if any of you are in my neck of the woods the beers are on me (well the first ones anyway). Thanks again and see you all soon I hope.
Peter. :D

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
Thanks for all your comments, and thanks for coming along and making it a good day. A big thank you to Mark (Buckshot) for all his help too, and the bonus pheasent prepping demo :You_Rock_
Well done to all those who managed to get an ember for the first time and those who didn't wern't far off it so I think a successful day all round.
We'll do some more workshops in the new year (maybe down on Dartmoor) :D

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
Just to let you all know. We raised £78.60p for charity on the bowdrill workshop day. A big thanks to everyone who came and many thanks for the donations :You_Rock_

Great news Nick.

Can you also extend my thanks to the lady who owns the land at Farmer Gows for the use of her fine woodland. Perhaps we could all chip in for something for her next time.

Look forward to seeing you again in the New Year.

Steve K

Tenderfoot
May 12, 2004
Eastleigh, Hampshire
Thanks Nick and Mark and everyone else for workshop, food and company.

I didn't crack it on the day, to busy chatting and eating, but I will before the week is out!

Just in case anyone was wondering how cold it was, when unloaded the car at 11:45 on monday I had to shake the ice off of the flysheet!

see you next time!

Cheers
Steve

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE