Bow drill workshop

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Povarian

Forager
May 24, 2005
High Wycombe, Bucks
falling rain said:
the workshop is on sunday the 18th of december 2005 because I'm in Dartmoor on the 11th - all timings info the same
Bother! The 11th I could have made (with the lad), but it's not looking good for the 18th - gotta be social elsewhere. :sigh:

cronos

Tenderfoot
Nov 6, 2005
Norfolk
It shows that you should spend time and read all the post :rolleyes:

how stupid did i feel, when i turned up at Gow's farm on sunday for the workship only to find i was a month to early :p :confused:

Sorry Nick

anyway the village pub is not bad :beerchug:

cronos

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
cronos said:
It shows that you should spend time and read all the post :rolleyes:

how stupid did i feel, when i turned up at Gow's farm on sunday for the workship only to find i was a month to early :p :confused:

Sorry Nick

anyway the village pub is not bad :beerchug:

cronos

There's always one cronos.............and you're both of them :lmao:
You could have stayed and set things up ready for us :lmao:

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
Just over a week to go till the workshop.

The cost of camping at the farm will be £4 per person for the sunday night. There is one toilet and shower, so we'll have to wait our turn for those who want a shower.
The local village pub have said they'll do a simple menu for those who want to eat in the evening. Pie and chips or Fish and chips that type of thing. Nothing too fancy just 2 or 3 choices we can pick from (no I don't know exactly what will be on offer ) but it will be as mentioned simple fare.

Timings then

(Cronos) Sunday the 18th December 2005 :)
Farmer Gow's Activity Farm - Appleton Oxfordshire

If everyone can be there for 10am we'll have a quick coffee and start at 10.30 quick break for some stew at 12- ish and a couple or 3 more hours in the afternoon. There's no definate finish time but we'll finish in time to get tents up (for those who are staying) If people want to go home staright away after the workshop that's fine, or if people want to just stay for some food at the pub and then shoot off no problem either

Can people who are staying for the camping and/or meal let me know asap please as the pub wants a rough idea of numbers to cater for and the farmer wants to know how many will be camping - Thanks

Please bring your knives and some cord. I'll supply the drills and hearths. Any questions please ask.
Looking forward to it :D

Grez

Forager
Apr 16, 2005
-
I will also be there but won't be camping or eating (got to drive home) :cool:

See you all there.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
I have to work 12 hour nights on the friday and sunday, but if I can cram in enough sleep in credit, I'll try to come along.
Don't worry about stew or other eats, nor camping. If I can make it, it'll be a flying visit but one that will kindle( :rolleyes: ) a skill that I've been after for a long time.

Cheers

Ogri the trog

PS I should add that if I don't make it, its because I've fallen asleep somewhere ;) So don't wait.

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
I can't make it unfortunatly I've got to go and sort out a turkey for christmas dinner and do some other christmas related gumff

hope you all have a good time

James

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
Thanks for the replies folks.
I'll put down for about 10 for eating in the evening then.

If you can all get there for around 10am that would be good.

Cheers

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Hi Guys, unfortunately my Nan has been caught up in this nightmare up at hemel, depending on when she is allowed home i'll be going up there with my mum to help put things back in there place. The house is in one piece but there is a bit of mess where things have fallen off the walls and shelves that need fixing back on.

Fingers crossed I can get up there on Friday, but the police have cordoned the whole place off to stop looting etc so may not be till Sunday on Monday till we are allowed into the area.

If I don't make it I appologise.

Dec 13, 2005
merton
count me in for this bowdrill workshop sound a great encounter with the outdoors and anything to do with fire i am there.
i will be there and camping and pub i remember those things

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
It's great to see so many are coming along to the workshop, it should be a good day.

Kit list

paracord
knife
spoon
bowl/mess tins etc
mug

and of course your camping gear if you're staying over night. (No hammock/tarp tying points I'm afraid)

any questions PM me before friday 20:30 please as I'll be offline after that time

Cheers

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE