Swiss Army Knife BOW DRILL TRICK !!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Mmm... I would want a much larger block under my hand than a SAK. I think that would be quite painful to get enough pressure on the drill but I may be wrong. My own go-to bearing is a piece of granite about 6cm diameter and 2cm thick with a polished 'hole. ground in.

Reactions: Minotaur

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
Mmm... I would want a much larger block under my hand than a SAK. I think that would be quite painful to get enough pressure on the drill but I may be wrong. My own go-to bearing is a piece of granite about 6cm diameter and 2cm thick with a polished 'hole. ground in.
I wonder what effect the bearing would have on that?

Jay131

Nov 20, 2021
Aberdovey
He made that look easy! I’ve burned through all the limpets and bone that I’ve used. The only thing I’ve found to work is a wooden bearing with grass, leaves & spit as a lubricant. However that bearing looked brilliant.

Never been sure of the divot in Esee handles and never used one, but this looks like the next design step.

However, I’m going stick with the knowledge that I know how to make a wood bearing block and fill it with green stuff!!

Reactions: Minotaur

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE