Bimmble kit. Whats yours?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

resnikov

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Haven't been out for a bimble for ages due to real life getting in the way of my hobbies so I am off out for wander this Sunday. As work isn't to busy at the moment I am making up my kit list of what to take with me for the day. Planning on being out for most of the day and as I have sandwiches every work day I don't want them at the weekend so some sort of stove for food and brew is required.

I was wondering what do other people take out with them when they are just going out for the day or even an hour or 2. Do you always take the same kit or do you vary it depending on when, where and how long you are going? Are you one someone who just grabs their coat and leaves it at or do you pick like your going on a 3 month expedition to Outer Mongolia?

So my list is as follows:
Mora
FAK
Binoculars
Pocket Camera
Plant ID book
Stove - Type TBC (its either going to be my honey stove or the crusader cooker unit)
Cooking receptacle Type TBC ( Zebra billy if I take my honey stove or crusader metal cup )
Brew Kit (Starbucks instant coffee and MOD hot chocolate)
Food - Again TBC probably something boil in the bag.
Foam sit mat
Tarp in case it rains so I can have lunch in the dry
Water

All carried in a Lowe Alpine Sting as I dont have any smaller bags :rolleyes:

So what do you carry?

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
Here's mine, using Goosegogs new found program.

sherpa_jpeg_export.jpg
Just realised that last weekend I made a visit to Trago and bought a lovely day bag a fraction of the size of my Milcom 35 and everything fits in nice.
Forgot all about that buy! A new day bag, coolio.

Last edited:

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
My bimble bag would be the same as my quick overnight bag.
Will do a breakdown of it soon but all goes into a munro without pockets.

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Childs backpack with 2 small homemade tarps and 2 of the mil type water bottles with mugs under them, a hobo and newspaper lighters, baccy tin, coffeemate/coffee/sugar and a camera :) Oh and a random baggy for foraged stuff, best to be hopeful! I like to have my walking stick too, so I can hook foraging stuff down and shake it at Crag Hopper clad, confused non-locals saying 'gerrrorf moi land afore oi shoot ye'.... ;)

We'll often take a 'toy-of-the-moment' like a catty or ball for a bit of light entertainment or if its destination pub, some pennies and whatever the project on the go is at that time :) but we rarely do more than 2-3hrs at a very sedate bimble-pace.

Peteo

Banned
Apr 1, 2012
Wales
A rucksack - normally something much too big as im still looking for something better
Folding saw
Mora Clipper
First Aid kit
Brew kit and some food
Fire lighting kit
Water bottle and zebra billy
Maybe a hammock if theres space in the bag
Tarp sometimes if the sky looks shoddy
Torch also depending on weather/time

mousey

Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
Bimmble/ out with the dogs = whats in my pockets = wallet, knife, keys, ferro rod & striker, bottle of water [in a pouch on me belt] poo bags, possibly my binoculars & camera if I remember to pick them up.

Oh and also a warm hat and gloves - which live permanetly in my coat pockets - so only in the winter.

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
You always have a ferret in your pocket! Or does it just look that way :joke:

I got banned from a pub for that once.
Had a little ferret kit in the top pocket of my jacket and the landlord got queer as hell about it.
Said I shouldn't bring dirty vermin in. I just pointed at their big, dumb dog and said at least it's not begging for food whilst people eat, slobbering everywhere and shedding hair in the kitchen. That's what happens when city people buy country pubs.

bushwacker bob

Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
I got banned from a pub for that once.
Had a little ferret kit in the top pocket of my jacket and the landlord got queer as hell about it.
Said I shouldn't bring dirty vermin in. I just pointed at their big, dumb dog and said at least it's not begging for food whilst people eat, slobbering everywhere and shedding hair in the kitchen. That's what happens when city people buy country pubs.
That was his wife you insulted.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
My bimble kit usually consists of ..

• Karrimor SF Hydro 30
  • 1L Nalgene of water
  • 1pt Kelly Kettle
  • Bag of dry fuel
  • Brew Kit
  • Binos or camera

Last edited:

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
For a local bimble;
Collins gem foraging field book
Smartphone
Fags and lighter
Drink of some kind
Waterproof if it's due to rain
Bogroll! (does no-one alse take any?)

A bimble in the hills;
All the above plus
Map/compass
FAK
Water purifier
Stove and pan
Tea and coffee
Tin of curry and a naan bread
All in a backpack with some foam for a sit pad
Hat
Emergency bivi
Hiking poles
Munchies
Spyderco bug

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
P1000607.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE