Best cheese in the world

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Goldfish are rubbish. They all die. Mom even lost one down the sink when she was cleaning them out. She sneaked another in but I knew it wasn’t the same one and he had mouldy scales, then she killed him too by putting too hot a water in the tank. Then we got banned from Prestwood pets for being idiots. But that was mom. She kills all things without knowing. I told her Mr Spongy Potato seed would eat all the fish and she said he was too small. Then he Did. She doesn’t know anything.
Have you told her to stay in her lane?, most important that.

PoppyD

Jul 18, 2021
Stourton
Black puddin, baercon n egg banjo, little bit of black pepper, or white pepper or both and a smidgen of brown sauce
You would also like Brie, cranberries and cold crispy bacon, on fresh Tiger bread, a sandwich of the gods.
Lots to reply too. I like Brie. But not the rubbish ones. They don’t taste of anything. What CLEM says I don’t know. And I’m going to bed.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Make up a 14" yeast pizza dough crust on a perf pizza sheet. Add your own tomato sauce. Next, 1/4" slices of cored apple, then scattered pecans, then some fine dice Rosemary, then 2C crumbled blue cheese of your choice. Top with Mozza. Trust me. This is a crazy, crazy treat.

Into the gasser BBQ grill, preheat medium-hot. We do this as a winter (-10C) treat. A lot of the time, people leap outside and the damn pizza never makes it in the door! Make 2 of them.

Next time, I'll explain the pear & prosciutto pizza.

Brizzlebush

Explorer
Feb 9, 2019
Bristol
Yeah baby! I've done the pear and prosciutto. Helluva good.
Finish with toasted walnuts and rocket.
Thinly sliced potatoes, blue cheese and rosemary is also a thing.

Going back aways, there was mention of cheese wrapped in wax. Generally horrible stuff, although I won't turn it away if I'm in a cheese desert.
No mention so far of Godminster though. Really really good cheddar. Creamier and a little softer than WH but cracking flavour. It's a staple on the Christmas cheese board.

Both local to me, so it seems only right to make sure they're all palatable.

This one's a cracker too. Any cheese called Twanger can only be good before you've even tried it, right?

Disappointingly though, none of my choices have a webcam

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
There are loads of recipes for black pudding and scallops but my favourite uses lightly toasted crumpet, drizzled with sweet chilly sauce, black pudding on top, finished with lightly butter fried scallops and another drizzle of sauce.

PoppyD

Jul 18, 2021
Stourton
There is the possibility that she is useful in some other way, even if taking care of fish is not her specialty. :)
This is true, when I said anything, I meant about fish and cooking. She is too clever sometimes, that is why we can make fun. She really doesnt know about fish though. She killed my triops by feeding them smoked salmon.

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Black puddin, baercon n egg banjo, little bit of black pepper, or white pepper or both and a smidgen of brown sauce

I put a stone and half on adding that to my diet for a mid morning snack. Delicious but what a fat stomach I had, did’t realise till I saw a work photograph.

• Haha
Reactions: CLEM

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
I can’t get along with black pudding. I can eat mostly anything. But black pudding and the resinous dried abdomens of tarantulas taste fowl. I like the legs though.
Rantchulas legs are very yum, there abdomens on the other hand is quite the most revolting thing I’ve ever eaten. FOUR very thorough teef brushings afore the taste was removed. Absolutely Vile.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Goldfish are rubbish. They all die. Mom even lost one down the sink when she was cleaning them out. She sneaked another in but I knew it wasn’t the same one and he had mouldy scales, then she killed him too by putting too hot a water in the tank. Then we got banned from Prestwood pets for being idiots. But that was mom. She kills all things without knowing. I told her Mr Spongy Potato seed would eat all the fish and she said he was too small. Then he Did. She doesn’t know anything.
There’s a bit of river up from us where a friend of mines kids caught 2 goldfish about 5 years ago and put them in their garden pond. They’re still going fine.

Before you ask, the field where they were caught, and still live in the river, was the overnight site for the local fairs for many years. End of the weekend the leftover goldfish were dumped in the river. Infinitely nicer than a plastic bag, and they’ve survived.

King of the off topic me. :lmao:

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Found some snowdon black bomber cheese today. I'm saving it for the wilderness gathering. It better be good after all the hype! :)
It was a tad on the expensive side too, but I guess that's my fault from buying at the deli, prices are sky high in there.
Got some expensive gluten free crackers to go with it. £7.50 for that little combo!
Looking forward to getting my teeth and tongue wrapped round it.

Reactions: Athos

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE