Berghaus Vulcan or Sabre 75?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Looking at replacing my old Forces 66, and these two rucksacks kept appearing as quality bits of kit. So I'm relying on the expertise on here to steer me in the right direction.

Plus, of course, anyone with a spare bit of kit they don't want -send me a pm with an incredibly low price:)

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I had a Vulcan and hated it, I replaced it with a Sabre and was more than happy with the improvement. Maybe not as robust but much better designed and much more comfortable to carry. If you can stretch to the Sabre I'd go that route.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Cheers guys. so 2 love the Vulcan, 1 hates it:) Was the old Karrimor Crusader similar to - but just a bit bigger - than the Sabre?

Conrad81

Tenderfoot
Jul 25, 2010
Edinburgh
I use a Sabre and it works for me. Comfortable to carry and with the side pouches and adjustment side straps I have never struggled to pack all my kit in :)

Rockmonkey

Settler
Jan 12, 2012
uk
Vulcan get's my vote, 4 different back sizes means a perfect fit no matter what size you are!
Built to last, and they have!
History says it all!
Love karrimor though, and i own the sabre delta 35!

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Plenty of Berghaus to try yourself at the next North Woods meet if you can make it Andy. They get my vote, I own a Cyclops ROC and have used Karrimor before if that helps...this thread will probably just leave you confused though as they're a real personal thing.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Thanks for all the advice guys.

Sasquatch, unfortunately I seem to be sent abroad when all the good meets have been on n the last few months, and it looks lke I'll miss the next couple as well, so no chance to try out my group buy DD hammock etc (haven't even unpacked it yet!)

Blacktimberwolf - yup - got horribly confused - it was the Berghaus Crusader I was thinking of - the Karrimor I was getting confused with was the old Condor - another one that was suggested as a good piece of kit some time ago.

Garelth and Visla - the Lowe Alpine Sting/Salient - hadn't thought of those. Think my brain is going to explode now:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE