Beards?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Do you have a beard?

• yes

Votes: 131 64.9%
  • no

Votes: 59 29.2%
  • I try but can't grow one.

Votes: 7 3.5%
  • I'm a lady so errr no.

Votes: 5 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mafro

Settler
Jan 20, 2010
Kent
www.selfemadeknives.co.uk
Here's my fluff

247498_10150282294656323_522606322_9349349_7046450_n.jpg

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
I've got one at the moment which I hate. It looks as though I've got some terrible form of facial mange. However, I have to keep it on until my obligations as Fagin in a production of 'Oliver!' are over; when the final curtain comes down, I'm off to the basin to hack the dreadful thing off. I really, really do NOT like wearing facial hair!

phaserrifle

Nomad
Jun 16, 2008
South of England
I go in cycles. tends to be that I only shave when I can be bothered, or when I need to. which means I can spend weeks between times developing a beard (although to be fair, it tends to be a halfway house between stubble and a proper beard).

tried properly trimmed facial hair a few times. never really found a style that suited me.

TallMikeM

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 30, 2005
Hatherleigh, Devon
incidently, someone once told me (when I shaved off one years beard) that the expression "bare faced lier" came from how much younger one looks defuzzed compared to hirsuited up.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Suppose the advantage of a beard is that if you're a bit lacking in the chin department (or even oversubscribed in the number of chins) you can sculpt your face shape with fur.:dunno:
Some might find that aspect handy but personally I'm not going for it.
No problems growing the hair, just don't want the look.

warthog

Nov 24, 2010
dunkeld
gotee will be a year old in december, it's a hand width from bottom of chin already, swimbo threatening to put beads in to match her outfit for the day lol

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Why do you need to know? Are you looking for group permission or acceptance?

I'm compiling a list of daft questions and this one is in no problem. It will go in my book of 'Daft Internet Questions' ;)

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
Why do you need to know? Are you looking for group permission or acceptance?

I'm compiling a list of daft questions and this one is in no problem. It will go in my book of 'Daft Internet Questions' ;)

Did you have a bad experience with a beard as a child? A beard is a fine piece of bushcraft kit and, if this poll is representative of BCUK users, they are sported by the majority of readers.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE