Beards?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Do you have a beard?

• yes

Votes: 131 64.9%
  • no

Votes: 59 29.2%
  • I try but can't grow one.

Votes: 7 3.5%
  • I'm a lady so errr no.

Votes: 5 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Asa Samuel

Native
May 6, 2009
St Austell.
Any non-tallow shavesticks that are just as good/cheap? My girlfriend is veggie so might not want to kiss me after I've smeared fat over my face ;)

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Erasmic is even cheaper and works alright but the scent is milder. I'm pretty sure it has no tallow but I'm not 100%

robevs73

Maker
Sep 17, 2008
llanelli
I do grow one occasionally but have been clean shaven for about 2 1/2 years now, by choice I would be clean shaven in the summer and bearded in winter but a ban on 'you know what' by the wife means no beard , she says it makes me look to old, I am old! 40 in a year and a half!

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
My wife saw a picture of me without my beard and told me "That's horrible. If you ever shave your beard off, its a divorce".

So yes, I have a beard.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
For a number of years I was told to shave every morning "For Queen & Country"

Then I worked for a major toiletries manufacturer (The best [ha ha] a man can get) and had a beard throughout!

Nowadays I just can't be bothered with the faff of making myself look like something I am not!
It gets a trim occasionally if its hot but otherwise is left to its own devices.

Ogri the trog

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
I'm surprised by so many people saying they either have one or don't because their wife told them to or not...

Berk

Tenderfoot
Feb 8, 2011
Northants
Goatee here, currently plaited and hangs down to my nipples. Now there's a mental image you don't want. Shaved off the (much shorter) beard that accompanied it the other day, just for a change.

JulesC

Tenderfoot
Jun 24, 2011
Midlands
Had goatee for years kept coming and going - four years ago grew a beard on holiday and kids thought it looked better (so did SWMBO) never looked back. A few problems though

1 - went to the CAMRA beer festival and that was beard central with lots of slightly strange crowd there.
2 - I have very dark hair (if you ignore the creeping grey) and my beard is ginger.
3 - this is the big one I look like my Dad now and turning into one's parent is a nightmare.

Does retain food for later consumption and keep face warm in the winter so I'm keeping it.

Jules

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Had goatee for years kept coming and going - four years ago grew a beard on holiday and kids thought it looked better (so did SWMBO) never looked back. A few problems though

1 - went to the CAMRA beer festival and that was beard central with lots of slightly strange crowd there.
2 - I have very dark hair (if you ignore the creeping grey) and my beard is ginger.
3 - this is the big one I look like my Dad now and turning into one's parent is a nightmare.

Does retain food for later consumption and keep face warm in the winter so I'm keeping it.

Jules

Ha! I'm blonde, and my beard is ginger (and grey)

Melonfish

Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
I've been sporting a beard since i was 16. goatee mind the rest doesn't seem to grow to well. i cannot honestly remember any times when i have shaved it off. which means i've not seen my chin in 15 years...
thats quite mad.
:D
pete

Miyagi

Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
I've got a goatee, had one since the early 90's.

Went back to the Army a few years ago and was told to remove it, I met them halfway on that, as I sported a mexican tache until I left, now got the goatee back.

Liam

Jacknife

Forager
Aug 27, 2005
Somerset
I've got a beard.

beer_tramp1.gif

Imagedude

Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd

Jules

CAMRA members are stranger than bushcrafters?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE