Bear Grylls "Britain's Biggest Adventures". Mountain Rescue are not impressed.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dennydrewcook

Forager
Nov 26, 2014
maidstone
whys no one mentioned ray mears yet? what's going on you can't have a bear grylls slating thread without mentioning ray? 😂😂

denny 😊

WoodMan

Forager
Jan 18, 2008
Norfolk
Canoeing without a lifejacket or buoyancy aid, ice climbing without a helmet? Really? Does he just try to promote worst practice whenever possible? And why does he always cam his face up?

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire

In fairness Wayland, any of us around the magic marker point remember cash for questions and the involvement of one Mr Grylls... but as we don't strictly speaking talk about politics here, its best to let those who don't remember look it up.

It doesn't really end with Grylls Snr, because when you look down the line there are connections... well.. too much politics... move along, nothing to see here... move along.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
It was once suggested by a Mod here that I should stick to the facts about BG instead of giving my full opinion. So, given the fact that I despise almost all politicians and their spoilt, over privileged spawn, that is the "fact" that most closely resembles my opinion of the creature.

Otherwise I would tell you that I think he is a :censored:...

The problem is the example he sets. His connection to scouting lends him even more apparent "legitimacy".

Isn't it a requirement to have some skills and ethics to be part of scouts any more over there? Or are "Gryll's skills" enough? I would really appreciate someone showing me the new pee drinking badge, the hotel sheet tent badge etc..

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
K, that's enough guys, there's a rule that we've had for over a decade about slagging people off and it being a bannable offence, this load of rubbish 'he's got it so much better and we're so much better than him because we always represent ourselves so well and we'd never get anything wrong' that we seem to think puts us in a position to slag whoever we want off.

Guys, I'm sure the Mirror newspaper or it's ilk have a comments section that you can throw yourselves into and lots of the general public would enjoy the moaning and the nasty finger pointing that seems to be of such a need in some people, here though please do not do it, I don't want it on the forums, we've spent years keeping Bushcraft UK a place where we try to represent ourselves well and you all represent Bushcraft UK as well as yourselves.

The OP was about some news, fair enough making comments on safety etc but personal comments, keep them to yourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE