" Beach Meet " Uh Oh ! Friday The 13TH...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Good morning campers , well as you know numbers were limited ,so thats it folks ,apart from a couple of shy ones that have contacted me by PM , we have reached our numbers , if anyone has to drop out for any reason please let me know as soon as possible , thankyou .

I will go about putting together exact location and other details and Pm everybody on the list so please excuse me if they seem a little impersonal , you know me and computer skills !

Now , parking is a bit limited but if we arrive either early or late in the day (before the grocks and dog walkers it won't be a problem ) From where we park it is about a mile gentle walk to the site ,beach or coastal path tide dependant.

Fuel on the beach is sparse , but if we all go on a forage within half a mile it is plentiful, also there are two canoes coming so anyone who fancys bringing a bag of logs/ kindling it would be appreciated . When the tide is in its easy transporting .

It is best for ground dwellers , but those who wish to hang there are options although they are limited .

So as we don't end up with loads of certain food items , if we all chuck a fiver in the kitty , then send a gopher (Newman) to the supply shop with a list we should be fine , but suggest you all bring ratpacks snacks etc for inbetween meals etc.

The actual location of the site is tricky to find so you will be sent details of the nearest pub (about a mile from beach) so communication is very important , some have been before so we will ensure nobody goes missing in action! Mobile phone reception on all networks is very limited .

It is a stunning place and i know we will have a great time , great foraging,swimming,canoeing etc.

Any questions fire away .

Ivan...

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Hi , right i have been in regular contact with my personal assistant (Newman) and she has put a comprehensive set of directions and details , which i will endeavour to pass on to you all via PM (hopefully she will do it for me , when she has calmed down a bit )

Sorry Stuart, forgot to say hello properly mate be really good to see you again and looking forward to meeting your plus one .

Dave53 ever the professional , hopefully wont need your new device where we are going !

Steve let me know timings re the Totnes thing , is it a weekend pass or just day release ?

Richie will you be bringing a trailer ? And let me know about the Thursday as the green man might just turn up early too , because it would make sense to convoy rubber duck and we can secure all the best parking , anyone else thinking about coming earlier please let me know.

Anyone heard from Lucy ? as i have lost her mobile number ?

Last year we found it easiest to meet in the local pub , and i don't mind sitting there all day to meet and greet ! Because the actual site is a little tricky to find , but with Icky's comprehensive instructions should be a doddle.

Skate a public apology for the suggestive texts ! i have now moved your number so as it wont happen again , thanks very much for the offer ,if i ever consider batting for the other team you will be the first to know !

Finally who keeps ringing me , thinking i live in a lighthouse ? and asking if the coast is clear ?

As ever any queries just ask .

Ivan...

Ichneumon

Nomad
Jul 4, 2011
Lancashire (previously Dartmoor)
ivan I've baught a thing called a tick

No need to buy ticks Dave. Ivan keeps 'em as pets, I'm sure he would have donated one. :)

Mr. Wilson! I shall remain in a bad mood until you relent and say I CAN bring my bucket and spade. So there! Oh! And can I be the deck-chair attendant this time? I'm getting bored sitting in the car park all day.

Must go.... Gotta try on my new bikini!

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
"Last year we found it easiest to meet in the local pub , and i don't mind sitting there all day to meet and greet !"

No surprises there then; "another pint? " on Mr Newman s generous tab?

"Steve let me know timings re the Totnes thing , is it a weekend pass or just day release ?"

I will be working Friday but should be fairly early finished say 3pm Totnes or Dartington not sure where I will actually be set loose.You have my mobile number still ?
I am imposing my Celtic charms on you for the whole weekend

"Richie will you be bringing a trailer ?"
So the lightweight thing didn't catch on then? Ha a brave effort though mate
Sorry I cant drink all the way down in the car with you but I will be very happy to join you for the return journey if possible

Somehow I can genuinely see Ivan in a mankini-a leopard skin one

Happy days!

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Morning ! Bin a bit quiet here , anyway Steve (GTF) I do still have your mobile , I presume you have mine? Anyway between us contact will be made re picking you up from Totnes or Dartington on the Friday afternoon which is not a problem (probably one of Icky's many tasks).

Icky taken over the keyboard now, the pain of watching him type was excruciating. We've been up on the moor for a few days, I think I've killed him off. Right now he looks like death but I'm sure he's just being a drama-queen.

The distance from the parking spot to the beach/campsite is about half a mile. At low tide that's a walk along the shoreline but at high tide it's a gentle scramble along the coast path. It's high tide at roughly midday whilst we are there, so low tide at about 7 morning and evening. Hanging really isn't very practical, the wood is back near the parking, so going to bed would be interesting - in the dark and after a beer or two.

Richie, can you confirm by which day you plan to arrive and that you'll be bringing HMS Buchephelas and her sister ship?

That's it for now - looking forward to it.

Ichneumon

Nomad
Jul 4, 2011
Lancashire (previously Dartmoor)
Back on my own keyboard now.

After three nights staying at Ivan's Tick Farm I'm now back home. When I left him he looked like something a fox had regurgitated - not a pretty sight. Nothing to do with the Lyme's this time but a tummy bug that we both picked up. So for those few, those very few, who are concerned about him - don't be.

One thing we forgot to mention in the earlier post is the firewood situation. There is next to zero immediately available. When Ivan (pass me the Imodium) can spare us some of his valuable time and wrench himself away from the dunny I'm sure he'll want to say a few words of wisdom on this subject. Rear Admiral Richie seems to be hatching some plan to re-enact the Battle of the River Plate. Told me he'd tried doing it in the bath but there wasn't enough room for manoeuvers. So before his Grand Fleet gets sunk at their moorings by Lt Cmdr 'Stagger' Savage VD & scar and his crack team of frogmen (cunningly armed with explosive water wings), we can use it to transport firewood.

GM

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
...and when we run out of firewood, we can burn the fleet :D

Gettie fu:censored:!

Your not burning my fleet. :aargh4:

Anyway, apologies for my absence but I've been busy having my pockets emptied by numerous professional ladies whilst walking "Las Ramblas" at night with 3 gay Irish lads and a swettie! (Sounds like the beginnings of a joke but unfortunately it isn't), then returned home to find my moggy as stiff as a board on the kitchen floor and having to explain to the kids that he wasn't really having a nap! Then onto some Welsh lakes to canoe 300 goby kids around in a circle all day whilst practicing all those Spanish expletives I learnt earlier in the week.

Anyway, I hope to be there Thursday but am still trying to wriggle out of photographing a school load of 10 year olds; assuming I win that battle I'll be down for late afternoon.
I was going to drag down two Mad River canoes on the roof but I'll now bring two inflatables which I can throw in the boot to make life easier. With the guest list as it is there's enough wind bags to inflate them both in seconds! I was a little worried about Ivan ability to "acquire" equipment and a 14 foot canoe in his pocket would raise few suspicions.

Thanks for the PM with detailed instructions. I didn't quite unerstand all those longs and lat things with all those numbers so I went and bought a Garmin GPS to make sense of it all.

See y'all soon.

G...g...g...g...garmin. No wait...wrong product.

So with Richie's rigid floaters in dry dock, we'll need to find another source of wood. Hmmmm

I'm sure there are plenty more euphemisms in this subject, somewhere. Maybe involving puncture repair kits, rubber, paddling, pumping, blowing, etc

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE