Badges

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Yeah, the logo has become a bit of a problem when it comes to reproducing it on material. It does need to be simplified but it also needs to be recognisable as our logo. It is very popular on my stationary and people do recognise it.

I am open to a simplified version.

Thanks to you all for your efforts, we'll get there in the end!

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Tony whats the leaf - maple?

Maddave just reproduce it in outline otherwise it will be too dark. That said I think it should be as near as damn it the badge design done - oh the lettering could fill the bottom section slightly better too! :-D

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Ok now I think we're getting something like !!

bushcraft3.jpg

Still rough and I'm not 100% on the font *Suggestions??

But what about the general "feel" Then I can get to polishing it up :)

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Have you tried it with a deep red background, one close to the logo?
I'm not keen on the leaf, it is too far removed from the logo, even though it is the same sort of leaf.
Is everyone sure about 3" It seems big to me to put on stuff. Not so bad for a good sized rucksack but anything else it's huge. I was looking at my sleeve today trying to imagine it on there and it was overbearing. I was thinking it would be nice to move my Swanndri badge over and put it on the pocket flap.
And I hate to say this but I am not keen on the two axes :oops:

I'm not trying to be difficult honest :ekt: Have you played with a fire and pot hanger. Or, ......??

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Okey Dokey

The size isn't a problem, It was just for clarity, so we can take that down an inch or so and make it deep red. I don't know which colour will contrast with it for the detail..Gray perhaps or yellow?? :shock: The hatchets can go and I'll play with a pot hanger how's the pawprint & compass?? do they stay or go?? and Do we have a standard font?

I'll have a play while you leave me some feedback :-D

martin

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
nth lincs
How about something like this
BCUK.bmp

Very rough but you get the gist (don't you dare laugh 'cos I'll slap you daft :-D :-D )

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
I'm having trouble with the deep red...Tried gray text and that's awful, as is yellow. Black doesn't show coz the red is too dark and white is overkill (plus it will soon look tatty after a couple of nights in the woods) I'll do a few more rough. The badger print is very elongated and I can't get that to fit like the wolfpaw, perhaps a fox print??

I'm having a hard time trying to breal down the bushcraft logo, there's about 20 shades of red in there believe it or not.....Ah well, Nowt like a challenge :cool:

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Tonight was going to be a got to bed at a reasonable hour night :banghead:

I quite like the shape and the red, which may be enough for the connection to be made. Try putting some different designs of compass in.

I know that this is cheeky but in my original designs for the site I was going to have the logo Explore . Discover . Achieve I am thinking of putting it up on the site. Can you see what it would look like if you had Bushcraft UK on the top and the Discover....etc on the bottom.

I can get any of these made up in 24 hours so we will be able to see what they look like for real. I can then photograph them and put them up.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Tony said:
Tonight was going to be a got to bed at a reasonable hour night :banghead:

I quite like the shape and the red, which may be enough for the connection to be made. Try putting some different designs of compass in.

I know that this is cheeky but in my original designs for the site I was going to have the logo Explore . Discover . Achieve I am thinking of putting it up on the site. Can you see what it would look like if you had Bushcraft UK on the top and the Discover....etc on the bottom.

I can get any of these made up in 24 hours so we will be able to see what they look like for real. I can then photograph them and put them up.

:mrgreen: OK Tone... Gimme a while...We're on the way :-D

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I do like having the word at the bottom, they seem to fill out the bushcraft concept a bit.

This would probably work by getting the right colour fabric and then machining the words and pics onto it. It would also work well going straight onto clothing, T-shirts etc.

Any other thoughts on the colour? Although most of you are probably in bed! So let us know later today :biggthump

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE