Anyone got a Allan Blade pacKpal?

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.
I hate those little voices. The best way to stop them is spend all your money, that way the little voices can't do anything! A sound philosophy i think. :wink:
 
It is a bad photo Jake, it's micarta exactly like in rapidboy's post of the one he's ordered.

I like it a lot though and it goes well with the sheath.

Bill
 
At $51 US delivered here, this has to be one of greatest bargains around. Sharp * little * devil! Used it all weekend whittlin' this and that. Still quite sharp.
 
Nomad Bushcraft said:
Must be good if someone from paignton says so!


Nomad
Elsewhere in Devon we reckon they are pretty good too, I'm off to use mine today, they are a superb knife, with an excellent sheath (big improvement on your BRKT Nomad). A very practical item all round and superb workmanship.
Neil
 
Just been speaking to Allan and my Pack Pal and Field Pukko are still a couple of weeks away.
 
On the Pack Pal sheath ,is the fire steel held on the front or on the side?
The bushcrafter on his site has it on the front and it looks more compact but im not sure if it would fit like that on a Pack Pal sheath ??
bladecutlerybushcrafter.jpg
 
Thanks Bill ,
I see it can't go on the front then but it looks very neat like that.

:biggthump

rb
 
Bill, where the firesteel is positioned is the same as both the pack pal that I own and the one that Neil1 has, it is also the same as the Feild Trek and I believe John's Bushcrafter.

Perhaps Allan has changed it since he put the original picture up :-)
 
leon-1 said:
Bill, where the firesteel is positioned is the same as both the pack pal that I own and the one that Neil1 has, it is also the same as the Feild Trek and I believe John's Bushcrafter.

Perhaps Allan has changed it since he put the original picture up :-)

Rapidboy's post shows a bushcrafter which is a bigger knife and so the firesteel fits on the front of the sheath. If I understand correctly all packpals should look like the one I posted (and you and Neil have) but bushcrafters have a bit more room on the sheath so it doesn't go by the side.

:?:

Bill
 
Soem really helpful posts here guys thanks, but I'm afraid I have a couple of other questions

firstly Would the kydex sheath work with a tecklok (fallkniven) belt adapter so that the pack pal could be worn scout style (horizontal draw at small of back) or across the hip not that this is the way I wear my knives but it would be an interesting variation for getting in and out of landrovers etc.

secondly, can someone show a reverse picture of the Packpal sheath, is the belt loop a clip or tunnel version.

thirdly and finally some of my firesteels are the ones without the palstic or wood 'handle' is the fit of the kydex holder suitably grippy to stop these fallling out?

Thanks

Nomad
 
NB, this is a picture of the back of the Scandi PackPal
p1010084small6xv.jpg


I have reversed the loop and the hanging loop so that it sits on my left had side.

This is the front,
p1010085small3es.jpg


This gives the comparative size of the Scandi to the Fallkniven H1 in the middle and the Allan Blade Field Trek on the left (the Field trek is a monster that would make a Northstar look small).
p1010086small1ih.jpg


this is an image of The Feild Trek, the H1 and the Fox River (the same size as a North Star)
p1010087small2fb.jpg


as you can see the firesteel loop is to the side, as it is with MagiKelly's Bushcrafter, which is why I surmised that Allan has changed the way he situates the firesteel loop. :wink:
 

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE