Anyone got a Allan Blade pacKpal?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mal

Forager
Sep 20, 2004
Blackpool
Thanks for that leon-1 is that including p&p it seems so cheep wish i had done moor research now before buying my WS/Woodlore.

leon-1

mal said:
Thanks for that leon-1 is that including p&p it seems so cheep wish i had done moor research now before buying my WS/Woodlore.

The knife costs $89, with a firesteel loop on the sheath it is $91 and I believe that the shipping cost is about $9 (it was on the last ones I received and I think $7 on the field trek) so I have slightly over quoted to be on the safe side :wink:

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
Nomad Bushcraft said:
firstly Would the kydex sheath work with a tecklok (fallkniven) belt adapter so that the pack pal could be worn scout style (horizontal draw at small of back) or across the hip not that this is the way I wear my knives but it would be an interesting variation for getting in and out of landrovers etc.

thirdly and finally some of my firesteels are the ones without the palstic or wood 'handle' is the fit of the kydex holder suitably grippy to stop these fallling out?

Thanks

Nomad
Alan is already way ahead of you. Forget your Tecklok belt adapter, order a multi carry clip form Alan. Have a look at page two of THIS thread for some pictures and more info. This clip is on a Runt but fits the Pack Pal and Bushcrafter too. It allows horizontal, vertical or angled carry. Of course it adds about $2 to the cost of the knife so it might be too dear (not).

The firesteel holder does have enough friction but as the firesteel gets used it will get loose. The best bet is to have a loop of something through the eye of the firesteel that loops over the other end of the firesteel where it projects from the holder. This will keep it all secure.

Now to throw the cat in with the pigeons. If you want your firesteel holder on the front simply take out the screws holding it on. Flip it over so the holder is in front rather than going to the rear. Slide it back to position where you want, drill holes for the screws and put the screws back in. Cut of the excess Kydex at the side and there you go. Alan actually forgot to add the Firesteel holder to one of my knifes so he sent me the holder on its own with some longer screws and I could have fittes it behind, in front at the side, wherever and it is not difficult to change so the world is you oyster.

Hope this helps

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Nomad Bushcraft said:
Is the scandi gring a flat bevel or convex bevel?

Nomad
Neither. It's a grind unique to itself. :wink: EDIT: reading closer i see what you mean. Yes it's a flat bevel, so you can lay the whole bevel flat on a sharpening stone and sharpen easily. :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE