Anybody Famous For Anything?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ArkAngel

Native
May 16, 2006
North Yorkshire
I'm the 4th best knife thrower in the world according to the International Knife Throwers Hall of Fame

My father-in-law was one of the founding members of the Born Free foundation

bearbait

Had my photo in the Manchester Evening News when I was about 14 (way over 40 years ago) for sailing on Tatton Mere with the school sailing club.

Once got invited backstage with Atomic Rooster.

Chatted to Chis Karrer from Amon Duul for a few minutes on another occasion.

My drum tutor used to be Suzi Quattro's drummer - Colin Woolway.

Had a peer of the realm, and his lady wife, round to view my nature reserve.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
01.gif

Me on my way home from the pub.

Didn't get home...

Had to buy a new suit... At least I became famous.

:p

There's more ..

[video=youtube;5nBk4J4COoc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nBk4J4COoc[/video]

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Been racking my brains since Biker's post 79 - Meatloaf? Would that be the artist formerly known as Mince?

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
You could say I am famous for being eccentric in the academic world, but then again isn't that what you are supposed to be? I was invited to St James Palace, and No 10 Downing Street last year for the National Autistic Societies 50th Anniversary. the No. 10 event was on the 1st of May and hosted by Sam Cameron so I told her that I thought it would be a good idea to celebrate international labour day, I was wearing a cloth cap at the time and played the red flag on a wooden whistle I had snook in for the purpose.

I have also had my picture in the Guardian, but that was on another occasion when I was part of organising and event for autistic people.

Elen Sentier

My claim to fame been out on the sesh with Hywel Bennet, actor, and John Cooper Clarke poet, met the members of the incredible string band Rose lives not far from me and still remembers, Maggie Bell used to sing with my mum around Glasgow and lanarkshire area, my late elder brothers God father was jimmy johnstone played for glasgow celtic and my half brothers dad was jim ferguson who played for St Mirren I also met the Queen Mum at Shugborough Hall exchanged a few word put her onto a good dentist.

Am exceedingly envious about String Band :). I danced for Arlene Philips back in the day and was kissed by Mick Jagger, who was a friend of my then boyfriend, when the group played at the Station Hotel Richmond (pre-Ark stuff :rolleyes:)

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Am exceedingly envious about String Band :). I danced for Arlene Philips back in the day and was kissed by Mick Jagger, who was a friend of my then boyfriend, when the group played at the Station Hotel Richmond (pre-Ark stuff :rolleyes:)

I would have loved to have a dance Arlene Phillips, not to sure about kissing Mick though, I did go out with a choreographer called Frankie she had worked with Pans People along with Flick Colby, never got to dance with her either

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
Ok, here goes.

When I was 16 I got in the local paper for sitting the largest number of exams outside of an exam hall in North Yorkshire. I was laid up after an operation!

A friend & I got in the local paper for erecting a 30ft boarding of King Kong peeping out of his woodland :)

My great uncle "looked after" "some money" for Ronny Biggs.

I met Mick Jagger while looking at a mummy's head in the Metropolitan Museum, New York. I was embarrassingly star struck - he's also really small.

My grandad flew a solo (unintentionally) bombing raid on Berlin in WW2.

One of my ancestors was the first mayor of North Sydney, Australia.

I have hung with Dutch, Shewie & Pete :)

mark

Forager
Dec 26, 2007
Stirlingshire
I once gave Adam Boulton off of Sky News a b*****king - we were in Iraq at the time and he was trying to make a phone call next to an armed aircraft. I still smile every time I see him on TV.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
I am responsible for Liverpool FC dominance in the 80's .I was turning left off the main drag to go to the skips, and Ian Rush and his mate where crossing the road in front of me,to go to the little ship (pub) It was that close that he had to use his hand on my bonnet and made a foot shuffle to avert getting knocked over, "well if looks could kill"
My mate said my life wouldn't be worth living if I'd knocked him over. O and my son made his premiership debut in the FA cup..

whats your nippers name (rooney?),

just seen my Indian menu, says

"if its good enough for the prime minister its good enough for you"

has a beaming picture of samcam with the staff, ahh the highlife!

Spam.

diwan Balti
3 alcester road mosely birmingham b13 8ar
0121 442 4920

or theres

the Rajnagar lyndon road solihull westmids, also full of celeb snaps!

pick a rainy night or book in advance

Last edited:

Biker

There's more ..

[video=youtube;5nBk4J4COoc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nBk4J4COoc[/video]

That's the sort of night you have and wondered when it was you picked a fight with Tyson the night before. I must admit I was laughing out loud watching that too. Nice one Ivanhoe. I can see why you needed a new suit too! :lmao:

Been racking my brains since Biker's post 79 - Meatloaf? Would that be the artist formerly known as Mince?

Geni-ar$e! :notworthy I'll have to remember that one.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
I am not sure, if i have ever been quite that drunk!

Another little tale.

I was invited to a barbeque, and heard that, the blonde lady from THe Vicar Of Dibley, was going to be there, anyway i was really looking forward to meeting her, got my chance sat down beside her, managed to engage conversation, and, was the most dissapointed fella at the do, as i was foolishly expecting , that dozy mare from the end credits, but alas she was all posh and proper, what i fool i had been.

Ivan...

Illusions shattered!

Headshed

Forager
Nov 17, 2011
Warwick
When I was a kid in the early 80's, I went to the RAF museum at Hendon with my dad. Whilst there I recognised, chatted to and got the autograph of Douglas Barder who was there with Wing Co. Stanford-Tuck and Adolf Galland, they were all really friendly. Later on in life I also met Prince Andrew and several politicians whilst working at BAe.

THOaken

Native
Jan 21, 2013
England(Scottish Native)
Being famous for the sake of being famous is just about the worst thing I can imagine. Fame is only a positive if it's a direct result of something you're proud of, if the thing for which you're famous has merit and is valuable in any way. I can't stand those people who live their lives like an open wound saying, "look at me, look at me!" as they do anything to get on TV.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Being famous for the sake of being famous is just about the worst thing I can imagine. Fame is only a positive if it's a direct result of something you're proud of, if the thing for which you're famous has merit and is valuable in any way. I can't stand those people who live their lives like an open wound saying, "look at me, look at me!" as they do anything to get on TV.

Party pooper.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales

I know what you mean, but who decides exactly what is "valuable in any way" or what has merit? I surely don't know except subjectively, I just ignore what I feel to be of no value but I wouldn't like to judge something as being of no value or merit just because it has none for me...................

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE