Anybody Famous For Anything?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Come on chaps and chapess's with such a number of members on here, there must be some of you that are famous for something? Doesn't have to be life changing or impressive, just interesting or funny or sad, think you get the gist.

I may well have started this thread to show off! I have a few some better than others, so i will let the few i have out slowly.

I held the world record for performing a wheelie, on an 1980 XR 500, twin shocker for about 2 weeks! 3 miles! Which i thought was impressive, then some crazy Fin or Swede, came along and did 144 Miles! Around a track and only stopped as he ran out of fuel!

I retired gracefully.

Ivan...

Over to you guys, come on!

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Brilliant! Thats the idea, keep em coming.

Ok, my next one, i got slapped around the face by Gareth Hunt (blooming great man) he came into my bookies for a bet and i took the mickey out of his Nescafe ad, you can imagine my hand gesture (you know shake the beans) he did not like it one bit!

Ivan...

Loads more to come!

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Not so much a claim to fame as a brush with fame.

I was walking through Durham city centre once as the filming for the first Harry Potter was taking place, I walked round the corner of one of the libraries up near the cathedral (law library I think), and straight into Robbie Coltrane in full Hagrid get-up. He's a big chap, I'm not, I bounced off and landed on my ****, he laughed heartily :)

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
I once played a dead Redcoat at Culloden in a film about the 1745 Jacobite rebellion. It's hard playing dead especially on a freezing Scottish moor. No obvious breathing and certainly no shivering allowed!

Dave-the-rave

Settler
Feb 14, 2013
minsk
Well this isn't a claim to fame really but...once upon a time I nicked a load of champagne off Prince Charles. I was walking out as he walked in, the lid blew off the bin and he looked at the contents, looked at me and just walked on saying nothing. It was good stuff too.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
I used to look after the computers for a few Manchester united players. Not being into football some of the other lads conned me into asking them which position they played for Liverpool. That didnt go down well.

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
My first wife and I were the founders of only the second officially recognised childrens cemetery in the UK, I wish we hadn't had too but we did...

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
I discovered a new species of harvestman to the UK, and got on radio 4 to tell of it.

I also famously mis-identified a common spider as something rare and the Countryside Council for Wales spent a lot of time and money on surveys trying to find the rarity as a result, without success, as it wasn't there. :eek:

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Nicely done lads, knew you wouldn't let us down, some interesting tales there, and more to come no doubt.

My next one, not sure of the year, 87 i think, i am responsble for nets of logs on garage forecourts, i started put split logs in swede nets , as they have to breathe, or go mouldy, and joe public likes to see the product.

Was told flatly by Esso, Shell and alike that it was a non starter, because it was a fire risk!!! Anyway i was contacted by a company calld BFL, (British Fuels Linmited) And the rest is history as they say, their first order was for 10,000 nets! Me and 2 members of staff in my little yard!

A good man could net 200 a day, but they snagged on the netting, and it killed your fingers and knuckles, anyway i sold the contract for(ooh can't remember what i told the taxman) And was glad to see the back of that old job.

Multi million pound business now!

Ivan...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE