Anybody Famous For Anything?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Last one from me, i think for now anyway.

November 1968, my dad was driving in Leeds, on business, pulled into a garage forecourt to refuel, noticed a Jensen Interceptor, as he was driving one himself, wandered over to exchange Jensen tales, and realised it was Eric Morecombe, having a heart attack!

Did the obvious and saved his life!

Bit of a disappointing end to the story, because in an interview on Parkinson, Mr Morecombe, was telling the story, and made my father out to be an idiot, named Walter Butterworth, took the mickey, which quite upset my dad, so the memorabilia and signed stuff went in the bin!

Shame really, might have been worth a few quid today.

Ivan...

Aug 17, 2013
Luton
I nearly ran ester ransome over as she steped out between parked cars in Luton where she was canvassing
Never seen such a skinny pair of legs

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
I nearly ran ester ransome over as she steped out between parked cars in Luton where she was canvassing
Never seen such a skinny pair of legs

Better luck next time; did you try to reverse over her once you'd realised your mistake?

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Myra Hindley tried to entice my wife into a car in Hyde with some sweets when she was a kid........

And to round out the Hyde connection, Harold Shipman was my monther-in-law's doctor.

Was Myra trying it even as a kid, seems he was a good doctor but ran out of patients in the end.

HarrogateTobias

Feb 4, 2011
Heaton, Newcastle
Not sure if these count but here it goes,

Great great etc etc Grandad built the first offshore lighthouse in 1698

Theo Walcotts mum delivered my cousin

Met carol vorderman and richard whilteley a few times. (no I wasnt on countdown)

once took 8 wickets in a cricket match, bit self indulgent I know I know.

Was in basic training with a 3 times world irish dance champion, yes they made him dance at every oppertunity

currently being taught climbing at uni by Andy Turner

Reverend Graham

Life Member
Jul 2, 2012
Grimsby
At 60, I'm still the UK 55+ record holder for Double and Triple Ironman Distance races, now I'm 60 I want that record as well. If you want to see how stupid that is, Google the distances, all done without sleep :lmao:

Coached and trained my mate to win the World Ultra Triathlon Championship a couple of years ago.

Rev G

BILLy

Apr 16, 2005
NORTH WALES
At 60, I'm still the UK 55+ record holder for Double and Triple Ironman Distance races, now I'm 60 I want that record as well. If you want to see how stupid that is, Google the distances, all done without sleep :lmao:

Coached and trained my mate to win the World Ultra Triathlon Championship a couple of years ago.

Rev G

Respect!!
Well done!!

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland

Rev G

All hail the Reverend our very own Ranulph Fiennes. I'm seriously impressed there Sir and you're not looking 60 either. Those squirrels must keep you youthfull.

THOaken

Native
Jan 21, 2013
England(Scottish Native)
Some interesting stories here, but I find it amusing that some of you seem to have misread or forgotten the title of this thread and what it's all about.

The point of the thread is to tell stories about how you are famous. I don't think meeting famous people makes one famous. I shook Ray Mears' hand. Am I famous now?

Still, it's a fun thread. Just wanted to point that out. Carry on. :)

Sep 8, 2012
Rotherham
1. Late 1970's. Airborne Forces Weekend at Aldershot, Hants. I was in The George pub and had a few pints with the movie actor, Richard Todd. ( WWII and D-Day Parachute Regiment veteran ). He was a
gentleman.
2. Early 1980's, outside The Europa Hotel, Belfast ( at that time the most bombed hotel in the world ) I almost shot Kate Aidie after accidentally bumping into her and knocking her flat on her backside. To hear
the most obscene swearwords ( in a broad Sunderland-girl accent ) coming out of what is usually a perfect BBC-phrased mouth was a revelation ! ( Afterwards we both creased up laughing ! )

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE