Anybody Famous For Anything?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Got to say my personal claim to fame is instructing Danny John-Jules of Red Dwarf fame to go work at an animal sanctuary when he was sentenced to community service.

The staff gave him the job of cleaning up after the dogs :rolleyes:

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
I shared a bottle of champagne with Emma and ken, and Sid Wadell once bought me a pint. I've had a **** next to Steve Davis and when working as a TV cameraman my work was used for the closing shot on Match of the Day for three weeks in a row. I was also school farting champion two years running though the first year was a bit controversial.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I have been an "Extra" in two separate Welsh Soap Operas (4 episodes in total) and in an episode of Lovejoy.
I captained the First British School of Brussels Rugby team to a series of stunning defeats (and never captained any team again)
I was on the committee that set up the first European Wargames Convention in Brussels

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
I thought as much, you guys have some amazing stries to tell, the celebrity status and famous connections are just as i hoped!

My next one, i was at Exeter races, and was bet £20.00 that i would not walk up to Alan Ball, kiss him on the cheek and pretend we were old buddies, i did and he acted like that was the case.

Two more famous people were there that day, and the ante was raised but out of respect, i just shook the hand of Willie Thorn, he was more interested in the runners to be honest.

But the last was a real gent indeed, Christopher Reeve, he was huge! a very charming and inteligent, gracious man, spent a good half an hour chatting to him, (before his tragic accident)

Ivan...

xylaria

I have shook the hand that broke daniel o donnells nose.

My dad was a doorman in london. He told patsy kinset that it was hotel policy to bar prostitues especially those that have forgot to put underware on. Ms kinset told him who is was, by which time the manager interrupted and told her wearing nothing but a crochet dress and shoes is indecent exposure. He cleaned a mens toilet of white power and pills after inspiral carpets and an other band and their ladies freinds had to be told to leave.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Was unbeaten pint downing champ at our old local - and many surrounding bars - 1.2seconds(1pint = 0.56litre) World record is 1.3seconds for 1litre/1.75pints.

Was axe throwing champion at Forestry games many moons ago - (beat the European champ that day.)

School javelin champ.

Belzeebob & I roadied for many famous bands.

Shook hands with Mrs T.

wingstoo

May 12, 2005
South Marches
Well I have shaken the hand of the man that put Cassius Clay on his backside...And stood in the queue next to Roger Whittaker, also had a bathroom I fitted used by Viscount Linley... My Dad has shaken the hand of the man who has been married to one of the most famous women alive on the planet today... Apart from that...:p

Bluebs4

Aug 12, 2011
Bristol
Blagged my way into Robbie Williams after show party and had the honeys , top loader and robbie around a big white grand piano ready to sing my way but all went south when I strangled the cat with a few BING BONG BINGS plying like Frankenstein on drugs lol still makes me giggle when I see them saying *** lol

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Great! Some little gems there, hope honesty is the best policy, as i instigated this, i will think very carefully about a small prize, after it has run a bit!

Two more short ones from me.

Sold Billy Dainty a pair of 501's when i worked in Millets In Newton Abbot.

Also, held June Whitfields dog whille she had a look around the shop, she kissed me on the cheek.

Did not realise the significance of all that celebrity stuff, as i was only a lad.

But the one i wished i'd had my pic taken with was Donald Sutherland, another very charming man, a brief look around, a polite chat and he was gone.

Oh and Millets is not spelt wrong, we only had 2 branches Newton Abbot and Torquay, in their time were pretty good camping shops.

Ivan...

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
I'm the youngest guy at my school to have completed all Anglia examinations. (A non compulsory English school exam we have here.)
And I saw U2 live once which was cool. Other than that I can't really think of anything. Some really interesting stories here though! :)

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I once met Ian Botham and Alan Lamb in a hotel bar in Scarborough, no I lie, my dad met them and I just stood there wondering who they were.

Another gem was once swapping a pound for some twenties with Ian Rush at the vacuum bay of the local IMO car wash.

Biker

I once had a one to one concert with Meatloaf... ok, perhaps not quite one to one there were a few other people in the Wembly arena at the time.. ok OK, perhaps more than a few.

He made Bat out of Hell last for 25 mins with a oxygen break during the guitar solo.

My Nan was this > < close to being run over my Rolf Harris as he sped through Greenwich park in his Jag. She was blind and I was leading her by the elbow and I'd stopped at the kerb but she failed to notice I'd stopped and took another couple of steps, pulling me along too. I dragged her back as he whizzed by. Someone else clocked it was him and came and told us moments later.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE