Any bikers here???

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

phaserrifle

Nomad
Jun 16, 2008
South of England
Dont worry bout it mate, took me day and a half to do my CBT and i'd never ridden a bike before lol.
Just enjoy it, go with the flow. ;)

Good luck on the CBT tomorrow Phaserrifle, as has been said, relaxed concentration which is just how you'll be riding a bike from now on.

thanks for the well wishes, if only the luck had rubbed off!
we started the friday lesson, just finishing up a few bits before the assessed ride. I mucked up a turn in the carpark (didn't look round it properly, stupid mistake), hit a hawthorne bush at the side, and broke the right indicator on the (instructors) bike. that sort of ended my CBT chances atleast untill he can get the indicator mounting replaced. :(
I now feel like a right muppet too......

phaserrifle

Nomad
Jun 16, 2008
South of England
That is bad luck mate. gotta be simply nerves on the day but man you certainly made an impression on the examiner. Hope you don't get him again.

So how long do you need to wait till you can apply again? When I took it back in the mid 1600's you had to wait at least a month.

I'll be with the same instructor, which isn't a problem, the CBT isn't the same as a test.
theoretically I could do it tommorow. the only limiting factors are how soon he can get the bike fixed, and then when both the instructor and myself are available.
probably atleast wednesday.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Hey don't sweet it matey, Your'e learning to be a learner, you are going to make mistakes, you just learn from each one,first day after my cbt I rode around the Barbican in Plymouth lookin cool as. big bike(for a 125) brand new Heingerrick kit shiney helmet visor open. bee in the eye bike on the floor and me trip hopping around Capt Jaspers, where all the cool bikers hang out, trying to rip my helmet off;). lesson, visor up = sunnys on.

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
That is bad luck mate. gotta be simply nerves on the day but man you certainly made an impression on the examiner. Hope you don't get him again.

So how long do you need to wait till you can apply again? When I took it back in the mid 1600's you had to wait at least a month.
1600s? Did you do it on an orse n cart then? Did they let surfs do it or ave you not told us summet?

Asa Samuel

Native
May 6, 2009
St Austell.
Been for the service, he said It should just need rocking forward as I try to change from second to first, but he also adjusted the clutch to make it stiffer.

It actually felt better to ride afterwards :)

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
For those days when you just don't want to filter.
75mmvespascooterACEmontage.jpg

Oh Fin, i've just had a crisis, that is stunning! I'm currently saving for a stelvio when i get fully liscenced.

Why thank you sir!

Funnily enough I'm looking at the Stelvio myself. I do a lot of long distance touring and see far too many GS1200's at the the ferry port in Dover to really want one. Every bike I've ever bought has been an emotional, as opposed to a practical, purchase - I saw this picture, test road a similar model, then ordered one on the spot! Carrying luggage is an issue on the Griso - but can be done. The best thing about it is the ride - relaxed and torquey low down and reels in the kids on their race reps if you want to explore the insane top end! The next best thing about it is stopping anywhere (ferry port, service stations, garages, bike cafes etc) and attracting the crowd. I was at a bike cafe on Sunday and planned to stay for an hour - three hours later I was saying "Sorry guys but I really have to go!".

As I get older though, practicality rears it's head - that wonderful engine in an adventure/ touring chassis. Hmmmm...

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
That Griso is an absolutely stunning bike. If I was ever of a mind to kill meself on a bike, that would definitely be top of my wish list as a means to do it. I love the look of naked cruisers and that is a gorgeous example, the nicest looking Moto Guzzi I've ever seen. Really beautiful machine. That's the 1200cc, 8 valve special edition innit?

Last edited:

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
Still got the bike but just had a shock to realise this was taken 2005
Dan and Brenda top of Garesdale about SD 78315 88607 1761ft.
DanBrendaBike.jpg

It's not fast, but sounds well with a straight through Gold Star pipe.
cheers all Danny

Cheers guys! Yes she's definitely a keeper (another good thing about guzzis is at 100,000 miles they're just about run in!)

Biker - as for the exhaust - The stock one (pictured) totally deadened the sound and weighs a ton! So I went for the optional extra Termignoni - lighter, beautiful sound (I kept the baffle in - don't do "loud") and I think all Italian V twins should have Termignoni cans!

Martyn - spot on with the model - cruiser stylee looks but I have to say she behaves more like a standard naked sports - The 8V with OH Cams give it a stupidly quick top end and the wide bars and steep head means it dives into corners (I had to take some preload off the front suspension because the steering was too light). The long wheel base means it holds it's line like it's on rails! I've been riding for 25 years and this is the best fun I've had on two wheels - although motorways are a killer on the old neck muscles!

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
Fin, what's the vibration like? Back in the early 80's me mate had a le Mans 850 and that was a v twin. On startup it use to vibrate sideways like a vibraty thing. Lovely noise though, he travelled all over on it, even went to the Guzzi factory on it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE