Ancient Technology Fair at the Crannog 18-19 July

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big Geordie

Nomad
Jul 17, 2005
Bonny Scotland
Toddy,
Have you got room for a little plump one? I may bring a couple of people to hammock.
Got to practice my axe and kukri skills. Cooking I do to near perfection ( Not) Will Warthog be there this time?:)
Luv
G

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Good to catch up Geordie :)
Unless Magikelly decides to canoe on Loch Tay that weekend we won't be seeing Russ this time.
I think the pair of them have been looking forward to a canoeing camping weekend for a while.

I'm going up on the Friday afternoon if anyone is intending to be up sharp. I'll be on the Crannog site.
If folks arrive after the centre is closed, walk along the road a bit to the big wooden back gates, give a yell, and someone will come and let you in.

cheers,
Mary

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
That looks really interesting!

I'm driving to Oban that weekend (three weeks on Tiree, Coll & Mull). The ferry isn't until Tuesday so I may try and set off a bit earlier and visit the Crannog Centre on the way. It would be Sunday though; is there still plenty going on on Sunday?

Cheers,

broch

Kikatito

Jun 15, 2009
S. Lanarkshire
this sounds like an ace gathering..... i have always wanted to visit the Crannong site, if only i had known about this earlier.........ah well
hope you all have fun
GB you know you would love to be dressed in traditional clothing...dont deny it lol :p

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
That looks really interesting!

I'm driving to Oban that weekend (three weeks on Tiree, Coll & Mull). The ferry isn't until Tuesday so I may try and set off a bit earlier and visit the Crannog Centre on the way. It would be Sunday though; is there still plenty going on on Sunday?

Cheers,

broch

We'll be there at least until the site closes at five, so there will be plenty to see and have a shot at :D

cheers,
Toddy

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
My canoe camping is the weekend after so I might manage to make it :rolleyes: might just be for a day visit though :eek:
I,ll see what i can do :D

Cheers Russ

windward

Forager
Sep 28, 2006
Edinburgh
Won't manage up onthe Sat as just getting back from Germany then got a concert at Edin castle in the evening but will pop up on the Sunday. Been a while since I was last there...will be good to catch up with folk.

See you then... Vince

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
I can make it up on the Friday night :D And I,ll spend the night in my hammock :D
Head home sometime Saturday evening ;)

Cheers Russ

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Sorry Toddy, Belzeebob,
Can't make the do after all. Work has reared it's ugly, many faceted head and I have to be there instead. Any kit I have is available for Bob to bring up and be used as needs be ( including the patches).
Sorry, really feel I'm missing out on this one. Will try to get to the Lanark do though - work dependent.
Man I feel grouchy now.
Colin.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
It happens :rolleyes:
We'll see you another time :cool:

By the way, my patches arrived :) Haven't been bitten since I stuck one on, but you should see the mess the patch left of the skin of my inner arm :eek:
I've got a neat little square of blistered, stinging, burny skin :sigh: :puppy_dog It hurts.
HWMBLT is fine with them though, not a mark. I think they're all his.

Russ that's excellent :D

cheers,
Toddy

belzeebob23

Settler
Jun 7, 2009
glasgow
Hi Toddy
I'm planning on heading up on the friday, cause need to head home early sunday to get myself sorted for going back to the tredmill thats work on the monday.
is their anything you need me to bring apart from myself.
if I remember right between me and gb's stuff we have 3 tripods, 1 fire grill (soon tobe 2) a dutch oven a huge frying pan(cooking or firebase) hanging coffee pots.
Looking forward to meeting you guys and trying my hand at the dug out boat.

Bob

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I think this one is kind of sorted tbh.
Patrick is bringing his communal fire set up he said. That'll be in the working behind the scenes area next to the woodland at the Crannog up the bank from the canoes and the loch.

I generally have a fire in the covered area on the Crannog site and it's good for cooking on too.

Bring what pots you like to use, a tripod might well come in useful, the grill if you fancy doing some of the venison (besides we'd like a looksee :D )

It's probably going to be the usual everyone brings too much kit, but a part of these meets is seeing what kit other folks have and are playing around with :approve:

See you there :cool:

cheers,
Toddy

Firebringer

Jun 5, 2009
Scotland
I'm planning on being at the Crannog on Saturday as it looks quite interesting. Being new, also be nice to meet folks for the first time. But for the doubtless stream of jibes that would ensue I'd almost ask if there was a secret bcuk hand recognition signal :)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
No funny handshakes :D , you just come into the shop and ask for Toddy or the bushcrafters. Either the staff will direct you to us or you could do the visitor thing.

The crannog is run on a shoestring, it's a charity and any profits aid the underwater excavation and reseach, if you take the tour and then come back onshore you can't miss us that way either, come and say hello........I'll be the lady dressed in funny clothes tending peculiar pots on the fire and talking to anyone who appears to look interested in the dyeing and spinning stuffs :eek: Patrick will be under the parachute...........and trust me, you'll spend ages just gawking, his stuff is brilliant :notworthy:

Either way, we'll be pleased to meet you, the kettle's usually on :)

cheers,
Toddy

Blades

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 6, 2009
Aberdeen
When I was filming up at Loch Tay a few years ago I passed it and had to turn around go back and take a photo :) Lovely looking place.

43687888img_0750gts.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE