Bushcraft & Ancient Technology Fair

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.
.......Spent the evening around a fire in the Crannog with the heather cream passing among us, lots of good memories :bigsmile:

That sounds like an amazing experience, the tour was very good, but to spend an evening inside, swapping stories, I'm s00ry I missed it, maybe next time.

........The folks up there had a great time too and we've been invited back :-) :-).....and they have some logs needing turned into log boats.....and the bronze founder is coming back to cast the axes for the experimental archaeology ones :cool:

I remember you talking about that, do you know the technique ?, did they hollow out the log by burning first ?, last question promise, is there a time frame, date(s) when they are thinking of doing this, as I would really enjoy taking part in something like that.

Stephen
 

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE