18th and 19th July, Loch Tay. Ancient Technology Fair at the Crannog.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Saturday and Sunday, 18th and 19th July, 2009
http://www.crannog.co.uk/docs/crannog_centre/events_diary_summer.html#july

Go Native ! Ancient Technology Fair.

I spoke with Barrie a little while ago........anyone up for helping do some axe work on the two log boats that have been chainsawed out of the huge trees ??
They need kind of rounded out and the chainsaw marks removed.

Camping available at Dalherb, with running water, loo and shower.

It'd need to be behind the scenes on the Crannog site unless you can put together some kind of Iron Age kit.

Limited numbers this time folks, maybe about eight ?

Anybody interested ??

This is posted in Shona's thread in Bushcraft chatter too.

cheers,
Toddy

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
bleeding eck. why do these events always collide. its rteefest in Edinburgh that weekend. :rant:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
It's a short tourist season, it's the Summer holidays, the weather is good, too many things to try..........:dunno:

Sorry Rob, maybe next time ?

atb,
M

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
Ach! Too short notice Mary. I've just come back from doing a gig with Patrick at the weekend, and after Bulgaria I don't think I have any Brownie points left. Better keep them all for Lanark.

Eric

stooboy

Settler
Apr 30, 2008
Fife, Scotland
is there any non axey jobs needing done ? ive never used an axe properly before but am glad to have a go if someone shows me the safer side of wielding one, there is an old axe in the shed that's needing sharpened.

Might be able to make it for the Friday depending on work will see how it goes failing that be Saturday morning.

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
I'll drift in at some point. Will most likely come up the water from Killan again, give the wee boat a chance to stretch it's legs. :)

I'll pack an axe and drawknife(and a stone - bring your old axe stooboy and we'll get it on the go).

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Just off the phone with Patrick, who has said he'll have a deer and two geese, so the meat's sorted :D :cool:

The Geese need plucking though, volunteers would be good.

Josh that would be excellent, I'd love to see her in the water :approve:

You're the second person this morning to mention a draw knife as suitable for the canoes :) They're kept half submerged so that they don't crack as they season; makes for very wet axes :( Wellies might not be a bad idea either.

cheers,
Mary

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE