Who's going to Loch Tay (Crannog)?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
It's the Go Native weekend next weekend (19th and 20th) at the Crannog. I've just got transport sorted for myself and young Cameron.

Who else is going?

For those who are unaware of the Crannog, it's an Iron Age roundhouse over a walkway on Loch Tay. See Scottish Crannog Centre for details.

crannog2-sm.jpg

I'll be demonstrating woodcraft and leathercraft skills and taking along some leatherwork, firesteels and other stuff. There'll also be flint knapping, hide working, archery no doubt and loads of other activities very much in line with bushcraft.

It'd be good to see lots of you there. Camping is available for BCUK members at the other side of the Loch.

Eric

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
I'll probably be there, It's only an hour from me.

I now have official permission from SWMBO :D
I'll be there Friday and Saturday night.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I'll be there on Friday evening. Are we camping on the formal site or by the crannog centre?:)

I think the concensus is on the Crannog shore side, not 'ideal' camping but handy for everything. If some want to camp over the other side and come across to visit, no worries.
I'll be on site Friday afternoon, but if the Crannnog centre is closed by the time you arrive, come to the big wooden gates along the road and give a shout and someone will let you through :D

atb,
M

rancid badger

I had intended to run a small training session at chopwell wood this weekend but I rather stupidly got my dates mixed up and there is a FoCW event running, so I was thinking about going across to the lakes with the young un and Das Boot.

Is there a put in for a canoe by any chance?
What's it cost to camp etc?
R.B.

verloc

Settler
Jun 2, 2008
East Lothian, Scotland
Me and Stooboy were considering heading over (kidna have prior commitments but might be able to shift them), any chance of some further details? It would be good to put some faces to some aliases......

Any costs involved, camping details etc etc?

Cheers

Eric_Methven

Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
I'm looking out some stuff I no longer need to trade. Anyone else like minded?:)

Yes, no reason we can't have a trade table like at other meets. I'll be bringing a car load of stuff up to sell but there'll be some stuff for trade as well. I'm picking the hire car up at 12.00 Friday and Cameron and I should be on the road by 3.00 pm. So long as we get there before dark we'll be fine.

Look forward to seeing you all.

Eric

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
ive got bad new for folks that are going to the meet Ive managed to get the weekend off so im coming to ;)
I,ll be getting the train up to Pitlochry and hitching in from there :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE