Who's going to Loch Tay (Crannog)?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
ive got bad new for folks that are going to the meet Ive managed to get the weekend off so im coming to ;)
I,ll be getting the train up to Pitlochry and hitching in from there :D

When will you arrive in Pitlochry as I will be passing through tyhere on Friday pm, if you want a lift that is!:)

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
Hi Fred i,ll be in Pitlochry 19:25 :D a lift would be great I,ll shout you a fish supper from the local chippy if you like ;O)

tyfy

Forager
Nov 4, 2006
Peebles, Scotland
I am looking at possibly coming up for the Sunday with the Kids while my wife is sleeping between night shifts.

Can anyone suggest the best way by Car from Edinbugh area. Google Maps suggests the A9 via Perth for the East of the Loch but via Stirling for the West.

Richard

Eric_Methven

Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
Are there any plans for a communal stew pot for Saturday or Sunday lunch. So those who are demonstrating stuff don't have to either go hungry or stop off to start cooking? Just an idea.

Eric

JFW

Settler
Mar 11, 2004
Clackmannanshire
Hi folks,

I don't think I'll be able to manage this, but I'll see what I can wangle even if it is only for a day visit.
Thanks for the invite Mary. Hope you all have a good time.

Cheers

JFW

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Well, the fires will be on so that I can get the dyebaths boiling. There's no reason we can't light the big clay oven and make bread and baked tatties and use the top flue for frying stuff in one of the pans. Could make tattie scones or pancakes too.
I've just shopped and bought a huge sack of big spuds and the makings for scones and pancakes and veggie broth.

What the rest of the folks want to chip in with can only be a good thing :D I don't mind helping, but like you and Patrick I'm supposed to be interacting with the public.

cheers,
M

fred gordon

Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Hi Fred i,ll be in Pitlochry 19:25 :D a lift would be great I,ll shout you a fish supper from the local chippy if you like ;O)

Sounds like a plan to me. See you at the station?

Toddy, I will want to have a good look round but I'm quite prepared to keep the home fires burning, keep tea etc on the go. I can even keep an eye on a stew if necessary as well as help eat it. Anything I can bring to go with the spuds as long as its not me wee dog?:)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Nice offer :D
How are you with venison ?
Patrick's bringing a roe deer, I think Andy_E is going to skin and butcher it, and will use a haunch for a big curry on the Saturday evening. :D Knowing Patrick he'll probably smoke some too.

Anyone up for making chapattis ?

cheers,
Toddy

morch

Native
May 19, 2005
Darlington
We'll bring a load of veg and rice for the curry and maybe even have a go at the chappattis and nan breads too if you like

Dave

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I am looking at possibly coming up for the Sunday with the Kids while my wife is sleeping between night shifts.

Can anyone suggest the best way by Car from Edinbugh area. Google Maps suggests the A9 via Perth for the East of the Loch but via Stirling for the West.

Richard

Either way works quite well to get me back home, but my preferred route up is up the A9 to Ballinluig and turn left......and pretty much just keep going 'til you reach Aberfeldy,
and follow the sign out to Kenmore and the Scottish Crannog Centre, it's well marked.

Don't know if that helps much :dunno:

cheers,
Toddy

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
Katy and I will be there from Friday evening. We'll be staying Friday/Saturday (in Katys tipi) and going elsewhere on Sunday (we're trying out a campsite that allows fires http://www.comriecroft.com)
I'll possibly (depending on room) have my new dutch oven with me to try out.

Eric_Methven

Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
Well, I'm almost ready. The living room is looking like Steptoe's yard. I'm picking the car up at 12.00 and Cameron and I should be on the road by 2.00. There'll not be enough room for the leathercraft stuff and the woodcraft tools so I'm just bringing the leather stuff.

See you all at the Crannog.

Eric

verloc

Settler
Jun 2, 2008
East Lothian, Scotland
me and stooboy are coming - just getting changed now and heading off. Should be there in a couple of hours as need to stop into work first. Shall go and overload the car now with far too much gear :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE