2012 bcuk Advanced Arctic Expedition

DUCky

Nomad
Aug 17, 2004
Utrecht, The Netherlands
I am going to come in at around 30 kg total. I am not going over the 35 kg limit, because the price for an extra bag with KLM is the same as another ticket ;)
I will be wearing my snow boots and jacket on the plane. I am taking some dried ingredients and perhaps two backup meals but will buy the rest of my food in Norway.

Into_the_wild

Tenderfoot
Dec 20, 2011
Neath
My weight should be under all together, but I cant get the the dimensions to even close with KLM as I will be strapping lots to the outside so will be classed as over size & I spoke to both airlines today, Norwegian is really cheap for oversize baggage, but KLM on the other hand are really expensive and if you get pulled up on check out over sized bag will cost £75, but you will have a choice to split to another bag = another 23kg for £55 so extra baggage is cheaper than over weight baggage!

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
I am there a few nights before, so need a bag before the course. How you getting on Chris, nearly there?
Lol!
Nearly there mate!
Just can't make my mind up about a few things!!
I will hold useing the scales again untill middle of next week, give my self a couple of hours to drees up at home it all the kit I shall be wearing
and pack up the rest and weigh it.
wanted to take my canvas and leather expedition pack ( Rugged River ) and day pack but they are too heavy! ( not by much, but it all counts! )
Will take a Bergen and a Old Karrimor Alpiniste.
Grub and meths will have to be bought over there!
You?
My best.
Chris.

Into_the_wild

Tenderfoot
Dec 20, 2011
Neath
I just want to get it done now, so I can chill and look forward to the trip:)
Nearly there I will prob' book extra buggage as I dont fancy getting stung at check for over size, which is my main problem not weight. Ha, all good though!

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Snip>

Wayland , any more info on the cabin, where abouts is it, size, cost etc There's a few people arriving before the course, ideally I'd like to spend as much time out doors as poss' but having options is good, there is no fixed plans as yet. Apart from make it to the course:lmao:

Cheers shane

Sorry Shane, missed this first time around.

The cabin is here and I'm booked in for just the one night which is about a hundred and twenty quid depending on the exchange rate (It's the mid range one that sleeps 4 people.)

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
I'm taking 2 bags, 1 for the 1st week skiing (25KG) and one for the course (28KG). I'm having problems with bulk, not weight, as I'm bringing all of my food over. I recon I'll need about 2 litres of meths or Aspen4 for cooking. I hope the local shop has at least 20 litres of 'rodsprit' in stock!

IMG_0329.JPG

IMG_0330.JPG

Last edited:

Into_the_wild

Tenderfoot
Dec 20, 2011
Neath
Just when I thought id cracked what I was taking, quick check on the weather and I cant see any snow just wet!wet!wet!
Is there any permanent snow on location, Ive been looking at weather & webcams for Skjold, is this the closest village?
Maybe I should consider decent waterproofs after all! (will there be any snow?)

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
Just when I thought id cracked what I was taking, quick check on the weather and I cant see any snow just wet!wet!wet!
Is there any permanent snow on location, Ive been looking at weather & webcams for Skjold, is this the closest village?
Maybe I should consider decent waterproofs after all! (will there be any snow?)

What forecast are you looking at? I see plenty of snow and cold conditions.

http://www.yr.no/place/Norway/Troms/Målselv/Skjold/long.html

Into_the_wild

Tenderfoot
Dec 20, 2011
Neath
I googled 'skjord norway weather' and went through the links on the first page. But your forcast I like better, lets stick with that lol!
Im trying to find some live cams in the area to see if there's much snow around.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE