2012 bcuk Advanced Arctic Expedition

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Man, this packing lark is killing me!
Having to take a closed cell foam mat IN my pack, ( it will get ripped on the outside! )
My large m65 parka is too tight with all my layers on underneath!
Only have a Trangia kit ( or trangia triangle and Zebra pots)...Lol!!
Anyone else having fun packing!??
I WILL sort it out but it is the kind of thing that wakes me up early in the morning ( like today, up at 5 )
All part of the fun!
And can I find my Swedish snow smock? NO. lol!!
Cheers Cats.
Chris.

tedw

Settler
Sep 3, 2003
Cambridgeshire, UK
Haven't tried packing yet, I just keep piling stuff in a huge heap on the spare bed - then swopping bits as I change my mind!

Note to self - buy candles.

Into_the_wild

Tenderfoot
Dec 20, 2011
Neath
Yes, I'm not sure I'd call this packing lark fun, but I suppose ill laugh about it one day, maybe!
I've decided to go for a new tactic, buy everything new, put it all on the credit card before it spontaneously combusts, worry about it when I get back, and spend the next 300 million years paying off the dam thing. And i still won't have the right stuff I need or more importantly WANT!:)
If i could figure out a way of packing 10kg in my hand luggage, keeping roughly close to the bag dimensions and getting the bag through security without setting off alarm bells & flashing lights I think I'd be ok:) LOL!

Wayland , any more info on the cabin, where abouts is it, size, cost etc There's a few people arriving before the course, ideally I'd like to spend as much time out doors as poss' but having options is good, there is no fixed plans as yet. Apart from make it to the course:lmao:

Cheers shane

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
This trip should be re-named;

Bushcraft credit card expeditions. :)

Does Woody do an extreme credit card survival course?

Its cost me a fortune but I keep having to remind myself that I can fly out to Norway next winter for £100 odd and just buy food.

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
I feel ( a little ) better knowing its not just me!!
My latest worry is food!
Will this one store near the training area have the right sort of grub to keep us going!
( not much spare weight capacity or room to pack much! )
Guess I don't need to bring a Sigg fuel bottle, just use what ever the meths comes in!?
Chris.

Imagedude

Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
Man, this packing lark is killing me!
Having to take a closed cell foam mat IN my pack, ( it will get ripped on the outside! )

Chris.

Can't you wrap your sack with the mat then place the whole shebang in a tote sack?

IMG_03271.JPG

Got most of my snap (food) sorted, doesn't look much for 8 days does it?

IMG_0326.JPG

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
P.s ,love that picture of your floor in the back ground! Lol!
There is such a thing as 'too much choice !' Every time I think I have the definitive kit
something changes my mind and I have to start all over again!

DUCky

Nomad
Aug 17, 2004
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Cheers Bob!....
No perishable foods allowed on Norwegian flights in checked baggage,
Bang goes my Salami plan then!! BUM!
C.

Can't you stick the salami in your cabin luggage then, or is it not allowed either? I have got some freeze dried ingredients that I want to turn into meal packages. Perhaps I should check if that is allowed.

Happy packing everyone ;)

Into_the_wild

Tenderfoot
Dec 20, 2011
Neath
Would bringing ration packs in my carry on luggage cause any kind of issue? Is food allowed in general, I know liquid/water etc is not exepted over 100ml.

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
No 'perishable' foods.
Dry should be fine
Man, it is realy hard to prep for this!
We only have one store to buy our food and fuel from!
Fingers crossed!
C.

Imagedude

Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
Perishable normally refers to fresh fruit and veg and unprocessed meat. Salami should be fine as it does not need to be refrigerated.

I'm more concerned about the gallons of meths and unleaded that we'll need to buy.

Last edited:

Into_the_wild

Tenderfoot
Dec 20, 2011
Neath
If thats the case I will fill my hand luggage with rations as thats what is tipping my weight right over, maybe I should contact the airlines just to be sure. I dont want security tearing them up to see whats inside them:confused:, they cost a fortune as it is!:rolleyes:

Into_the_wild

Tenderfoot
Dec 20, 2011
Neath
Any one who has managed to keep within weight/size restrictions for both airlines I would really like to know how you done it Pleeeeeeaaaaaaaase!!!!!;)
I am just about ready to pay for extra baggage :(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE