Woodsmoke Native - July

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I did it quite a few years ago, probably the best course i've ever done if I'm honest.

You'll love it

Last edited:

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
Scotland, looking at mountains
I will be interested to hear your feedback. I've wondered about doing it but never really fancied it enough to sign up. I think I am in the "lots of gear and comfy living" segment (ie canoeist)

Hey folks, this was another great course from Woodsmoke, living in the natural shelter for a week was pretty good. Ranged from a little fire inside to a large inferno on one night and by the end of the week we had it sorted...or rather one of us did by feeding the fire through the night...big thanks to him if he ever reads this. The staff were also excellent and very knowledgable.

We covered various things through the week from hand drill, to preparing (squirrel, trout and classic pigeon pie) and cooking over the fire, making fish traps.

Also good to meet you Steve. :) If anyone else from the course is on here, give me a shout, it's Andy from Aberdeenshire by the way. :)

One tip, if anyone considers going.....make sure you add way more spruce boughs than you think you will need....else it could lead to a wet night. We were lucky in having sun for most of the week apart from the Friday night where it chucked it down and it is true.... 3 days to own a shelter.

I have uploaded photos to my facebook and borrowed a couple from another member who was in the group.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150243805027979.331207.611672978&l=abebbdd5ce&type=1

Already planning my next course with them.

Richard - if you want more detailed info give me a shout.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE