Whos enjoying the heatwave?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
I thought id start a thread to see who's been out and about this weekend,and who's had the good weatherthat was forecast, i went for my usual coastal walk,(today) and the weather was fantastic, took a few pics to illustrate. according to the car thermometer its 24 degree's c here what ever that is in old money!

1, dive boats dropping off divers about 100yrds from shore,

somepics1065.jpg

looking out to sea,

somepics1069.jpg

the little bay i go to for a bit of p&q.

somepics1072-1.jpg

so who else has been out in the sun?

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
I've been sat in the garden de gunging my kit after a week away with 12 of our disaffected pupils, as guests of the Army.
IMG_1003.jpg

• Tarp hosed down and dried on the line.
  • Leather boots washed off and waxed.
  • Fabric boots washed off and re proofed.
  • Clothing all washed and on the line.
  • Cooking gear clean.
  • Knife cleaned, sharpened oiled and put away.

Must be time for a nice glass of wine any time now!:beerchug:

Simon

stooboy

Settler
Apr 30, 2008
Fife, Scotland
Got a last minute call from a mate to do some fishing on Friday afternoon after work,

3559403259_368af69815.jpg

3559415079_688e0b242b.jpg

weather was superb, although the drive down was on and off cloud bursts, so had all the wet weather gear to. never caught anything but was pritty chilled out afternoon/evening.

Stoo.

jimford

Settler
Mar 19, 2009
Hertfordshire
I noticed lots of lads today, wandering around the local park without 'T' shirts on, cultivating melonamas! It happens every time there's sunshine, in spite of warnings by the medical profession.

Jim

Jan 18, 2009
Northern Ireland
Spent the morning out with the N.I.B.A. lads doing a bit of shelter practise. After they'd gone I lit the stove got some tea on and fried up some bacon strips. T'was a grand day out.

Alan.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Lovely photos folks :D

Gardening both days, my Uncle's yesterday and mine today. Emptied and carted around the garden all the contents of the biggest compost bin.......absolutely knackered with the heat :sigh:
Feels kind of good knowing it's done though :approve: and I'm in, sat down and the midgies are out, so I'm staying in and sat down too :rolleyes:

cheers,
Toddy

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Heatwave???
Na got rained on for 10 hours on Saturday coming back from Skye on the bike!
Funny got rained on going up too...
D

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I had to work...:aargh4:
But did convert a few people to the wonderful world of wool clothing and bushcraft, so not all bad.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Hog, i was indeed being sarcastic! but never the less pretty warm for a may day in the UK.
Some great pics and diverse days out,stoo that is some calm water youve got there,looks perfect for day out on it.Toddy i to noticed the insect's where out in force id just made my coffee sat on a rock to soak up the scenery when a damn big knat type fly decided to commit suicide in it.

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
Well I did get time to make a hammock out of ultra light weight parachute silk. Took it out in to the garden and hooked it up to the clothes pole.. :D

Could have fallen asleep out there...

24052009003.jpg

Unfortunately no one around to take pics of the hammock being used.. lol

Cogola

Apr 21, 2009
Western Australia
Heatwave?
We've had a cold snap here in Western Australia. During the day it's getting below 20C and overnight it got to 3C. Who'd believe it could get so cold!

gunslinger

Nomad
Sep 5, 2008
Devon
Well there certainly isnt one here today,in fact its quite chilly,and its been raining.

Wish we could just have more than one sunny day at a time.

GS

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Gunslinger,it actualy feels warmer here today than yesterday,probably down to the fact theres no breeze here like there was yesterday, Cogola us Brits melt in temps above 30c we need to be very carefull because if we get a little sun we go into shock! Nagual you must be either very light or have a amazingly strong washing pole if i where to try that on mine id be on the floor pronto!

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
<snip> Nagual you must be either very light or have a amazingly strong washing pole if i where to try that on mine id be on the floor pronto!

Hmm about 11 stone, but these poles are solid iron, and concreted in. Probably been here since the house was built 1900's :lmao:Ya can't beat Victorian engineering ..:p

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE