Which watch!?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sandsnakes

Life Member
May 22, 2006
West London
If you look at the image below it illustrates my point. The numbers are obscured by subdails so you cant clearly see the 10, 2, 4 and 6. The protection around the bezel is good but most diving watches are anti-snag anyway. The subdials probaly glow which will give off a back ground light which will further reduce the watches clarity in the dark. go for a plain dark face, big numbers or indicators and big glowing hands.:)

299-2834841SPA71UC547456X.jpg

Note the protection around the central adjustment knob.[/QUOTE]

Sandsnakes

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Vostok. You can get them in auto or manual wind in many different styles and they are so cheap that if it breaks you wouldn't be mortified. Saying that, they are tough as old boots! I do like the look of the Seiko 5 though, I may look at one of those some time.

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
I bought a Luminox watch earlier in the year. They're no frills only time and date, waterproof to 200m but the luminosity of the fingers and numeral marks (not the whole face) is as clear as crystal even in pitch darkness, and it doesn't fade as the night goes on.

http://www.luminoxwatchshop.co.uk/Luminox+Watch+-+3903+Series+Original+Navy+Seals+Dive.htm

This is the model I bought.

I often wonder if Luminox and Traser are the same company. My Traser is exactly the same size and shape as that Luminox, the only differences being that the case on mine is stainless steel, and the face is even less cluttered, with just 1 - 12 and the date on it.

Firebringer

Jun 5, 2009
Scotland
Whilst perhaps not quite slaughtering the fatted calf in agreement, Prodigal Son's suggestion of the Citizen matches the one I currently wear.

I like the Citizen eco-drives and the face on that one is quite visible at night in the dark as there's good luminosity on the hands.

I'll caution my recommendation with the acknowledgement that I don't like digital watches so may be partially biased.

SMOKOE

Forager
Mar 9, 2007
Stoke-on-Trent, Staffs
I often wonder if Luminox and Traser are the same company. My Traser is exactly the same size and shape as that Luminox, the only differences being that the case on mine is stainless steel, and the face is even less cluttered, with just 1 - 12 and the date on it.

I havent looked at these before but the one in the top right doing the luminous demo is identical I agree.

http://traserwatches.co.uk/

Are you pleased with yours ?

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
I havent looked at these before but the one in the top right doing the luminous demo is identical I agree.

http://traserwatches.co.uk/

Are you pleased with yours ?

Very pleased. I wanted a tough, waterproof watch without any bells and whistles that I could read in the dark without having to press a button. It keeps excellent time too; on my last job we had a receiver for the Rugby clock, and I set it to that. When I altered my watch in the spring and autumn I always checked it, and it was never out by more than a couple of seconds.

Cheers, Michael.

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
Another vote for the Citizen Eco Drive - I have had mine for four years (as of last week) and it has been superb. It has never lost a minute, is easy to read a night, has no problem being in water and I never have to worry about changing a battery! Unlike several of my previous watches that had to be returned to the manufacturer for a battery change , which could often take six weeks.
N

johnbaz

Nomad
Mar 1, 2009
Sheffield, england.
www.flickr.com
as already said, you won't go far wrong with an eco drive by Citizen, i have a couple and they're great ;)

this one was a gift and though i've not worn it too much, it's always ticking when i do pick it up, it just needs a light source to keep it going :)
Citizen10.jpg

here's the second one, an ecozilla dive watch, it seems like you could knock nails in with it!!

48mm dia, 19mm thick and around 6oz in weight, i think it will take the knocks (but could turn you into a hunchback in the process :0 )

aced1.jpg

aced3.jpg

aced2.jpg

the last watch, i bought for £85 second hand which i thought was very reasonable though there was no box or papers of any kind....

hope you get a nice watch ;)

regards, john :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE