where did your username comefrom

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
My favorite animal is a siberian tiger, so mine is an adaptatin of that, thought it sounded better than "siberian tiger" or "josh" lol, plus it was my youtube username so i thought i may aswell have the same one.

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
Well back in 1998 me and a m8 used to work for an ISP called U-Net and i was building my first website (the madness of king lovatt) anyway one page had a gif from my m8, it was a tin of fish and the fish on the tin had a slice of melon for a body and a speech bubble saying "bloody scientists"
so Melonfish was born, before hand i'd been known as "D34th" then "Genex" although Genex was so beyond copied it was unreal. Melonfish i think fits well tho.

mart

Forager
Apr 6, 2008
cumbria
I belive mine comes from Mars the Roman god of war.

Sounds better than my parents gave me that name....

Also, I notice i'm now a Tenderfoot? Wich is apt cause I've sprained my ankle.

bearbait

Mine comes from a close encounter of the ursine kind: a black bear and I occupied the same point in space and time - he (or she) came and trampled all over my tent while I was asleep in it. I like to think it was just being bothered by my snoring while it was trying to feed nearby and wanted to shut me up (it did). I was being "bear aware" in my camp and am even more so now. On the edge of Mt. Revelstoke National Park in B.C., Canada.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Back in the days of yore when computers were new to my world I was sat at a terminal for the first time and the machine demanded I enter a name that wasn't my real one I panicked and the only thing I could think of me was the (to be) wifes pet name for me.

The initial embarrasment wore off and it sort of stuck since being large, fat and hairy I did seam quite ursine to meny.

Briefly, on another site I was "FrogLube" but now I'm always "tombear"

Not very gripping but there you are!

Tom

Rumcajs

Forager
Nov 13, 2009
Kielce, PL
www.jbohac.net
It’s a combination of letter from mine and my girlfriend names.
I was never good with nicknames, none of them really ever stuck.
This work so far and I’m using it whenever I can.
My other username is jpmb76.

myotis

Apr 28, 2008
Somerset, UK.
Sixteen years ago, when signed up to to my first email service, I was asked for a "nickname". At the time I primarily earned my living as a bat ecologist, and "myotis" was the first thing that came into my head.

I have used it, or "myotisone" when myotis is already in use, for everything ever since.

Graham

Wallenstein

Settler
Feb 14, 2008
Warwickshire, UK
Mine's from the main character in a play by Friedrich Schiller... few years ago I was writing my dissertation on Schiller's works and spent a lot of time online to avoid studying, so decided to adopt the name of my nemesis!

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
My username means: (It has other meanings also but these are the ones I subscribe to.)

1. To refuse allegiance to and oppose by force an established government or ruling authority.
2. To resist or defy an authority or a generally accepted convention.
3. A person who dissents from some accepted moral code or convention of behaviour, dress, etc.

Which just about sums me up, but these days I'm usually diplomatic about my rebelliousness. :naughty:

garbo

Tenderfoot
Jul 16, 2006
uk
maybe " I want to be alone" maybe its a spy that saved d-day, or maybe its just a corruption of my name, you may never know

salan

Nomad
Jun 3, 2007
Cheshire
My name is Salan. It is My first name Alan and on Netware networks the 'admin' account is the supervisor. So my 'admin' acount was/is salan (Supervisor Alan).
My nickname is phoenix because I 'rise from the ashes'.
Alan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE