where did your username comefrom

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
mine drewdunnrespect came from the fact that i normally say "repect how are we" to close friends in greeting them instead of hello and have become quite famous for it so when i had to get an email address a certain best friend of mine said why not have drewdunnrespect and then when i needed a forum name i used my email address and that is why i am drewdunnrespect

Bush Monkey

Nov 15, 2009
The Gower
mine comes in part from a science fiction series.
the series is about a regiment from the world tanith hence man of tanith.
however tanith is also a goddess of fertility,the moon and the stars which ties in nincely with my beliefs
Sam
Tanith... its familar... Whats it out of/from?

Mine comes from the fact this is a website on bushcraft and my nickname monkey.

harryhawk

Forager
Feb 6, 2009
Devon
Harry's the name and was 7+ years a austringer/falconer for a living.
Simple:D

AUSTRINGER=PERSON WHO TRAINS, FLYS, OR HUNTS WITH

RAPTORS

FROM THE LATIN WORD

"RAPERE"

MEANING BIRD OF PREY

OR

ACCIPITER

BIRDS KNOWN AS HAWKS

ALSO CALLED

SHORTWINGS

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Tis my name, belive it to mean "By a southern place" like a river or wood, altough i use pak alot as I used to be refered to as a packhorse by work colleagues as I allways used to carry the heavy kit for everyone else,

ol smokey

Oct 16, 2006
Scotland
Mine comes from the fact the for the last fifty odd years I have hardly had my smoking pipes out of my mouth. I really should change it as I stopped last week for about the tenth time. My longest time was a year and ten months. If it gives hope to anyone trying to stop, It gets easier each time you try. I really enjoy my pipes (have several to
change round and keep them sweet) and the only reason I am stopping now is that it is
beginning to make me Wheeze at bedtime, and cant really be good for me. My closest mate says fancy stopping in your seventies, thats daft. But I am surprisingly fit in all other ways, Still cycling, canoeing, camping, and occasionally hillwalking. so it seems a shame to self-injure myself at this stage in my life.

Mang

Settler
Mang is the bat from the Jungle Books. All Cub leaders choose a name from said book. I was adamant that I wasn't going to have mine from the inaccurate Disney film (did you know that Mowgli often sought Kaa the snake's help and that Bagheera and Baloo had Kaa's help in rescuing Mowgli from the monkey people?).

I gritted my teeth and read the book and he is featured as a messanger. A bat is great and easily recognisable image.

Firebringer

Jun 5, 2009
Scotland
I should pretend I decided on it after serving time for wilful fire-raising, perhaps of an orphanage or a refuge for sick abandoned kittens.

In reality though it's reference to Prometheus. The legend appealed to me and I have a bit of a pyro streak in me.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Comes from my surname and has nothing to do with a ladies urinary device, I was here first !

And it's pronounced shewy (like stewy) not sheewee

Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
:D I was checking out lurches site earlier, spotted an ad for the offending article and instantly thought of you!

My username is the same as I have released some electronic music under.

One of my brothers thought it would be really funny to buy me one for chrimbo a few years ago, gave it to swmbo but I don't think she's keen on trying it. Might have to get her some new goretex pants first :D

Cap'n Badger

Maker
Jul 18, 2006
Port o' Cardiff
Mine came from a Live action Role playin' event we used t' frequent every year...I played an assasin for a number o' years, so I very rarely got t' see the friends I took t' the event till the evening 'off time'. So we decided t' kill our characters in the 'final' battle that year and come back the next, as pirates.
I got voted Cap'n By me mates (the crew) and me beard Had already givin me the name o' Badger...So the two got stuck t'gether...hence Cap'n Badger....This has rolled on into the Pirate livin' history stuff I do now....an' me texts.....an' posts....an' written word....telephone convo's.....Talks around the fire....basically everything I do......(Sad innit?)..lol
Me...back then.
LrpCapn.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE