what's your prefered pocket knife? + pics!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
picked one of those up the other day from mike at mikesknives

realy pleased with it
And me....orange as in the picture (no other options available at present). Extremely sharp and excellent build quality....think Opinel number 7 with snap.

pauljm116

Native
May 6, 2011
Rainham, Kent
This has been in my pocket for the last week and its handled everything I've thrown at it so far, not likely to lose it if dropped either.

20130819_152242[1].jpg

Apocalypse green SAK alox farmer

Salaud

Nomad
Aug 24, 2011
isle of man
Opinel #8 for me

Sheath I knocked up as the one I got from Opinel self destructed in a week and never had a firesteel loop and ...Hey.... nothing throws a spark like an oppy :campfire:
2013-08-29 09.36.36.jpg

chimpy leon

Jul 29, 2013
staffordshire
Most useful is probably my alox SAK farmer but the one that gets the most pocket time is my spyderco squeak.

I "need" a GEC Bullnose - cant put it off any longer! :D

Bladeophile

Tenderfoot
Jul 23, 2013
Basingstoke UK
For a number of years it was my trusty Opinel 8. Then briefly a RAT1 before discovering the American Lawman. Most comfortable knife with two basic grip positions I have held. Curved blade geometry has me reaching for it on autopilot even when doing bushcraft. Triad lock is the knife equivalent of Fort Knox. A folder that would get you out of a prison. It's drawback is it's illegal here to EDC.

mikey.elefant

Forager
Dec 1, 2010
israel
These are my two main users when it comes to an EDC, I do not really know if the A wright counts as a legal knife in the UK but here in Israel as long as its sub 3" its ok.

080774ca-b163-47bf-a229-78714db87ca5.jpg

Uilleachan

Aug 14, 2013
Northwest Scotland
Here's my last leowen messer, confiscated from my hold luggage in Cairo, could have bought it back for $$$$ I only had a $50 so no deal.

Leowen Messer.jpg

my current (left) plus a couple of untouched spares;

Current and spares.jpg

Last edited:

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
only realy use folders

not realy a bushcrafter more a camper/walker who takes an interest in the skills I might need unexpectidly when I'm out.

I've been pocket carrying this set as my EDC for a while

Its a rehandled Queen in D2 - lovely steel and razor sharp - however noticed a few rust spots on it when I've been waterside so decided to pair it with this new Stainless Case

for dirty jobs I pair with a well used Great eastern cutlery gec #73 or a lockback gec #72 if I want the added security

chimpy leon

Jul 29, 2013
staffordshire
Dont know where my opinel went.

Been using a doug ritter mini rsk mk1 which is a great little knife. The benchmade axis lock must be the strongest lock available next to a fixed blade, and i like the powder steel too. CPM S30V. [designed with the collaboration of chris reeve, sebenza] Dead easy to sharpen. Love it! [Cheers Andrew!]

rsk_mk1_red_03-800w.jpg

The more I see these, the more I want one. Im very tempted. Are the mk 1's still sold?

Been carrying an alox SAK solo lately. Strong and secure backspring, Very thin width, Useful blade size, light weight and an absolute bargain at £14. Highly recommend one.

Balloonatic

Tenderfoot
Aug 27, 2013
Hertfordshire
only realy use folders

not realy a bushcrafter more a camper/walker who takes an interest in the skills I might need unexpectidly when I'm out.

I've been pocket carrying this set as my EDC for a while

Its a rehandled Queen in D2 - lovely steel and razor sharp - however noticed a few rust spots on it when I've been waterside so decided to pair it with this new Stainless Case

for dirty jobs I pair with a well used Great eastern cutlery gec #73 or a lockback gec #72 if I want the added security

I love the little kit there Corso, really beautiful. I might put together something similar myself, what make are the torch and lighter if you don't mind me asking?

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
OK I want to play too.

I am carrying this lannys clip point , handle is 4 inches and the blade from tip to handle is just over 3 inches

Oh here some better photos from the dealer that I got it off :)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE