what's your prefered pocket knife? + pics!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
I love the little kit there Corso, really beautiful. I might put together something similar myself, what make are the torch and lighter if you don't mind me asking?

top pic

peakledsolutions/eiger AAA with red led
brass trench lighter - no idea who makes them got it off the net
pocket knife is a rehandled Queen D2 sodbuster jr

second set

is a new Case sodbuster jigged bone
AAA Copper Martac torch from County comm
Brass capsule lighter from county comm

Leiflet

Nomad
Jun 5, 2013
Devon
Well, my preferred pocket knife would be a red-handled Svord peasant mini, If it ever arrives!

Cheers,
Leif

Balloonatic

Tenderfoot
Aug 27, 2013
Hertfordshire
Cheers Corso, thinking about making something similar for my brother and father (woods wandering pipe smokers the pair of them). I'll have to start hunting appropriate torches etc.

Last edited:

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
id always recommend a nice sodbuser - the new queen in micarta or maybe a case in black scales

jokers are ok by the blades are quite thin

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Got a douk douk Petit today. Interesting thing, feels odd but I'm gona give it a try out.

Anyone else carry one of these? Do you like them?

Haggis

Nomad
I'm older, and one tends to accumulate things over the years. So, I have many pocket knives, all sorts and sizes, mostly gifts from friends and family, but I really only have three pocket knives like, two of which I carry, depend on, and use. They a Moose pattern and two trapper patterns. All three are two bladed, with a clip and a spey, they are the perfect pocket knife for a fur trapper: one blade for skinning and tight places, and one blade for splitting the tail. Of course, I use them for other things as well, the trapper, or the moose, are just about perfect knife choices. The moose is heavy and seems to be the sort Nessmuk preferred as well, it is certainly in his trio. All three of these knives are above 30 years old, and the Remington Bullet is showing real signs of wear on the clip blade. The old Eye Brand is carbon steel and I've never taken proper care of it. It will hold an edge though, and that's all the matters in the long run.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/117288165@N06/12483905434/

Last edited:

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
http://www.flickr.com/photos/117288165@N06/12483905434/I'm older, and one tends to accumulate things over the years. So, I have many pocket knives, all sorts and sizes, mostly gifts from friends and family, but I really only have three pocket knives like, two of which I carry, depend on, and use. They a Moose pattern and two trapper patterns. All three are two bladed, with a clip and a spey, they are the perfect pocket knife for a fur trapper: one blade for skinning and tight places, and one blade for splitting the tail. Of course, I use them for other things as well, the trapper, or the moose, are just about perfect knife choices. The moose is heavy and seems to be the sort Nessmuk preferred as well, it is certainly in his trio. All three of these knives are above 30 years old, and the Remington Bullet is showing real signs of wear on the clip blade. The old Eye Brand is carbon steel and I've never taken proper care of it. It will hold an edge though, and that's all the matters in the long run.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/117288165@N06/12483905434/

That's some lovely pocket knives there......real quality stuff :)

Flav

Tenderfoot
Dec 1, 2013
West sussex
Carrying this one today

little friction folder from a maker over in s Africa
Damascus blade with red g10 and red bush willow handle

Jonbodthethird

Settler
Sep 5, 2013
Kettering/Stilton
I always carry a Victorinox alox Farmer... It's the same as the 'old' solider but has a saw too.... I use it alot...
farmer.jpg

Same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Modchop

Oct 17, 2013
Shropshire
My Victorinox 'Compact' gets the most pocket time by far, I've quite a few folders but this one is pretty much perfect for my day to day needs.

crucible

Tenderfoot
May 14, 2011
vancouver bc canada
I have three:

- the smallest is a small necker scalpel made by Danish knifemaker Jens Anso
- the second is a SAK Soldier
- the third is a Zero Tolerance ZT300BK folder- it's a tank, about the size of a Strider knives SMF folder

I carry the Anso and the SAK in my pockets, and the Zero Tolerance in my waistband or in a belt pouch.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE