What's your main outdoor activity?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Which outdoor activity do you do most of?

• Hunting/shooting/fishing

Votes: 67 23.5%
  • Camping

Votes: 63 22.1%
  • Kayaking/Canoeing

Votes: 21 7.4%
  • Bird/nature watching

Votes: 26 9.1%
  • Natural crafts

Votes: 27 9.5%
  • Hiking

Votes: 81 28.4%

• Total voters

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Why isn't mountaineering included in the list? Bushcraft skills are very useful in basecamp and, in some cases, on the hill itself. Seems a pity to omit it from the selection.

crazydave

Settler
Aug 25, 2006
Gloucester
opted for camping as anything that denotes living outside for a night or two be it camping, survival or bushcraft is well camping regardless of if there's a shower block or not :)

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Mostly archery(shooting?) and IDing/learning(nature watching?), camping and making things(natural crafts?) but since I haven't hiked anywhere in a couple of years I voted canoeing :).

Not an easy poll, spoilt for choice.

Mar 28, 2007
Leicestershire, England.
It will very soon be canoeing. Don't get me wrong I like my carving and my native american peace pipe is comeing on a dream, but there's nothing like paddling in a river with a good book.

Wolves. :)

P.S. Sorry I haven't been on in a while, I've had a busy work period and haven't been able to get to a house with internet connections. :)

Lasse

Nomad
Aug 17, 2007
Belgium
Most often hiking, obviously usually combined with camping & looking at the nature and birds around me. When I'm in Scandinavia I can't resist fishing a bit as well and once a year or so, a canoe or kayaking trip simply is a must :)

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
Have to go with camping although fishing is my second, I still go shooting when I get the opportunity, but that's getting rarer as I no longer have guns but now and again I'm asked out for the day by a friend who lends me a gun. I'd love to try canoing with the canadian open type but way out of my budget so very little chance of that for now.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE