Whats your kit consist of?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
mal said:
That sounds good i want to save for one of those clickstand sets while i remember what bivi bag do you use do you sell them and are they good thanks Gary

Mal I use the green army bivi bag and yes they are very good, not a light as some of these pertex ones but more durable and waterproof imo. I have used mine for about 10years and have even used it as a floatation pack to swim across a lake!

redcollective

Settler
Dec 31, 2004
West Yorkshire
greg2935 said:
Well I guess everyone else will have a FAK so it is not so serious but I would never go anywhere without one if carrying an edged tool, especially alone: it is so easy to slip and slice through something vital irrespective how good and experienced you are. Knowing my karma I'll go and slice through my arm this weekend or something and will have forgotten to pack my FAK now!

Greg

I'm told my (late) great uncle was a timber getter in New South Wales who used to live in the bush part-time and still used bullocks to haul timber out in his early days - he took off his big toe with an axe once (well you wouldn't do it again would you! :wink: )... imagine not having even the most basic FAK around if that happened!

I often walk in groups and have often thought at least one of us should be carrying a really good FAK, as I'm sure the most sophisticated thing we carry is a sticking-plaster.

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
Gary said:
No hard and fast rules - my kit changes with task and weather Mal but last time I was out for the weekend I took,

Sleeping bag,
bivi bag,
basha
Therma rest.
flask
1 Qrt canteen
metal mug
Billy can
clik stand and stove
wash kit + house wife + tube of steridex
poncho
Pre-mac pocket water filter
flint and steel set
Mosi headnet
GB Sharpening stone
Food and brew kit.
Knife

That about covers it I think.

does she mind? :shock:

Dec 27, 2004
wiltshire
My kit is quite large but i think its all there if i miss sommat let me know LOL
all fits in my 85 ltr bergan !!

Knifes 1 folder 1 fixed
axe
FAK
canadian army artic sleeping bag in a bivi (gortex )
billy can
crusader mug
hexi stove
para cord
head torch (batts included )
basha
thermarest
cold waether stuff (hat mitts long jons )
towel
spare spectacles!!!!
possibles pouch
fire lighting kit
folding saw
sharpening kit
water bottle( pre mac )
millbank bag

and a few bits and bobs

Justin Time

Native
Aug 19, 2003
South Wales
I've split some of the more social chatter into a new thread and moved it to the meetups and social chatter forum. I've renamed it " More Ashdown chatter from the kit thread" and you can find it here

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Cheers Justin, well not to worry as there will be no more OFFICIAL Ashdown chatter now the weekend is upon us as from now on it will all be done esle where.

Unofficial chatter however.......... :shock:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE