Whats the WORST item of clothing you have ever bought & WHY?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Fjallraven Forester Trousers purchased in the last five years, prior to that they were pretty tough and long lasting, these days the zips fail within months and the backside wears out not much after that, and no, it is not because I'm older, fatter and have to sit down more. :)

I am now a convert to 5.11 Tac-Lites.

Bowlander

Nov 28, 2011
Forest of Bowland
RAF Foul Weather smock from an ex-Army store when I was 12. Looked great but leaked like a sieve!

While not a massive fan of Karrimor,and I understand that quality has declined in recent times, surely you get what you pay for? I've had a pair of their 'approach shoes' and trainers and they've been fine for a couple years light wear. I never expected them to be as good as my goretex lined Meindls because they cost 10 times less.

Craghoppers kiwi trousers seem to be cut too large around the waist, I was always tearing the crotch out of them until I went up a size, they are now big around the waist but haven't ripped yet.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
A Lundhags shirt made using Epic treated cotton. It was fine for calm, largely inactive wear but when working hard or walking uphill, the sweat would accumulate in a pool inside the shirt and had to be poured - literally - out when I stopped. I think it's now in the dog's bed...

The Survivor

Nomad
Feb 1, 2013
On Earth
Cant remember the name of it, but it was a rain coat. Must have been made of old shopping bags, cause no sweat could get out. Would have been dryer without it on!:lmao:

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
chick kit jacket from millets. It was water tight for a few weeks, then it leaked at the arm pit, and funneled water onto my belly. I was only waiting for a bus and I was slurring my words by the time it turned up i got that cold.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Karrimor boots, twice!...........I've got a sieve in the kitchen would keep me drier...........and very uncomfortable..........bought 'em cheap in a sale, exchanged the first pair for new, same result; I wouldn't have 'em for
free though..........atb mac

Lou

Settler
Feb 16, 2011
the French Alps
twitter.com
Every piece of outdoors wear I have ever bought from TKMAXX just don't do it! Many of the clothes are samples and have not been waterproofed or are faulty even though they look ok.

_mark_

Settler
May 3, 2010
Google Earth
Buffalo Teclite and Paramo Velez Adventure Light! Not for me at all! Teclite is just uncomfortable and the hood is appalling, Paramo is not at all water proof and leaks terribly at the seams!

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
Rocky Boots, huge brand in America but turn out to be utter junk and leak like nothing I have seen! expensive as well!!

River West jacket, same as the above, massive brand but the quality just isn't there, leaked as bad as the above boots and the same as the above everyone with first hand experience doesn't have a anything good to say about them!

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
I had some high leg realtree cordura /leather years ago. They were bang on. After what you've said ......I wonder if its a one off fault or that they have followed alot of other brands and dropped the quality and qc?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4 Beta

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
The karrimor trainers I have are utter carp, unlike the last pair I had which I bought in 2002 before traveling around Oz, wore then most days and only binned them in 2010. My Karrimor walking boots though are great, on sale from TKMAX. The karrimor running kit is very good though

Leiflet

Nomad
Jun 5, 2013
Devon
Had a few sets of boil-in-the-bag Regatta waterproofs. None of them were very satisfactory after a week.

Cheers,
Leif

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
  1. Swazi Wapiti coat... too expensive to use (abuse) properly rendering it useles.
  2. All the ponchos I ever tried, they flap around, your legs get soaked and you can never see whats under your feet ever again.
  3. Some leather Mendl waterproof boots I had, sure they kept my feet dry from the outside but they made me sweat an amazing amount so I had to give them away.

bob_the_baker

May 22, 2012
Swansea
A pair of, none too cheap, Merrell boots, cant remember the cost exactly but was definitely in excess of £100. Uncomfortable and leaked, even in wet grass. Demoted to gardening boots within a fortnight.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE