Worst Buy of the Year (WoBY?)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

photonician

Jun 30, 2015
United Kingdom
As a bit of a counterpoint to @Hodge thread about the best kit buys of the year, what has been your worst kit buy of the year?

Doesnt necessarily have to be an absolute clanger due to quality either... mine is a Olight Perun 2 headtorch.

It feels absolutely bombproof, all the mod cons too (magnetic charger, right angle head, sensibly designed and easily accessible modes, really bright, the list goes on)... except I bought it to have a powerful headtorch with widely available rechargable batteries.

All the adverts I could find (including on Olight's store) said 'takes 21700 sized batteries'. Tidy darts, sez I; until I bought a generic 21700 battery that didn't work. Then I found out that Olight have modified the 21700 cell to have both polarities at one end... and Olight charge 27 quid for it (compared to ~£10 for a generic 21700 cell on Amazon).

Caveat emptor!

What's your worst kit buy of the year?

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks
Not a big deal, but I bought a Dutch army kuksa, it's a lovely shape, nice size, perfect brew cup. Apart from the fact that every brew out of it tastes like mud? And its definitely not the teabags, it even made sloe gin taste rough! Atleast it was only a quid

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE