Hello from the south west

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Harold Godwinson

Tenderfoot
Mar 11, 2023
Cornwall
Hello from Cornwall.

Just joined the forum so thought it best to say hello.

I live in Cornwall and while not new to bushcraft I am a newbie here. I'm a old hand at outdoor skills and a old fella to boot (56), ex forces, married with two dogs and a cat, tend to practice my skills on Dartmoor and Bodmin moor although have been to many places around the country and Europe and have met many brilliant outdoors folk in the process.

My bushcraft tends to be a lot of stealth camping and overnighters, I like to travel light. I'm not a big gear nut and don't have a huge collection of knives and axes, for example my main cutting tools tend to be a SAK camper and a Opinel no8 along with a SF shovel, these do ok by me.

When I'm not stealth camping I like to hill walk and climb, recently climbed the French Alps into Switzerland and back which I calculated to be the equivalent of going up and down Ben Nevis three times in 24 hrs. I have recently been dabbling with fast packing but the jury is still out on that one.

I look forward to reading posts and learning from my fellow members. It will be good to bring myself up to date on skills and such as I tend to be a bit of a lone wolf, mostly due to not knowing anyone down here who shares my interests.

I am a big fan of ALONE the tv series and have watched the US version, the Danish version and look forward to the UK one when it comes out, I'm also a prolific reader and have probably read every manual and field guide printed at some point over the last 40 odd years but again am always interested in anything new.

Well I hope that gives you an idea of where I begin this journey. Thanks for having me.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Hi, I'm another South Westerner, but I'm exmoor area, spent much time on dartmoor in my younger days as a volunteer Ranger. Many adventures, and love the moors.

demented dale

Dec 16, 2021
hell
Hello from Cornwall.

Just joined the forum so thought it best to say hello.

I live in Cornwall and while not new to bushcraft I am a newbie here. I'm a old hand at outdoor skills and a old fella to boot (56), ex forces, married with two dogs and a cat, tend to practice my skills on Dartmoor and Bodmin moor although have been to many places around the country and Europe and have met many brilliant outdoors folk in the process.

My bushcraft tends to be a lot of stealth camping and overnighters, I like to travel light. I'm not a big gear nut and don't have a huge collection of knives and axes, for example my main cutting tools tend to be a SAK camper and a Opinel no8 along with a SF shovel, these do ok by me.

When I'm not stealth camping I like to hill walk and climb, recently climbed the French Alps into Switzerland and back which I calculated to be the equivalent of going up and down Ben Nevis three times in 24 hrs. I have recently been dabbling with fast packing but the jury is still out on that one.

I look forward to reading posts and learning from my fellow members. It will be good to bring myself up to date on skills and such as I tend to be a bit of a lone wolf, mostly due to not knowing anyone down here who shares my interests.

I am a big fan of ALONE the tv series and have watched the US version, the Danish version and look forward to the UK one when it comes out, I'm also a prolific reader and have probably read every manual and field guide printed at some point over the last 40 odd years but again am always interested in anything new.

Well I hope that gives you an idea of where I begin this journey. Thanks for having me.
Hello and welcome. I m not a big kit nut either and I use and opinal 8. Im 56 also but still possesed with punk rock energy. You will like it on here. Wonderful people I have found. good luck and enjoy. x

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE