Whats the BEST item of clothing you have ever bought & WHY?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bowlander

Nov 28, 2011
Forest of Bowland
Buffalo special 6 with hood. I've got coats for every season but the special 6 is good year round. The only issue with mine is the pile is flat and see through in places, it has been a favourite since 2003 though!

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
Red that sheepskin waistcoat is smart as!

Barbour waxed moorland jacket has been through the roughest of stuff and never let me down, I do find it cold when the snow hits the ground though, so I swap for something synthetic, never really found a decent synthetic jacket though!

Recommended on here was the Dickies Portland Shirt, I got one then some spare as they are unlike any other work shirt I have had, they are well made and twice as thick!

Hoggs of Fife moleskin trousers are pretty much the Maglite of the trouser world, everyone has them and you can see why, bombproof!

Le Chameau willies are like nothing you have had on your feet, comfort and warmth without any of the pitfalls of the cheaper neoprene ones that last 1/4 as long!

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
.....Recommended on here was the Dickies Portland Shirt, I got one then some spare as they are unlike any other work shirt I have had, they are well made and twice as thick!.....

Haven't seen the "Portland" but +1 to Dickies in general; and specifically to their work shirts (all of their work shirts) and work jeans.

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
Paramo Aspira set. 15 years old and still going strong, still the best winter mountaineering kit available (for my particular needs).

greensurfingbear

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Full set of mountain equipment coop. Waterproofs. Goretex jacket, bibbed goretex trousers and goretex mitts. All bought in the year 2000 so 13 years old and and still going strong. 3 ply goretex so quite sturdy clothing. I do look after them but only ever use them when out hiking in bad weather so not a massive amount of wear and tear in them.

Orric

Arya

Settler
May 15, 2013
Norway
That would have to be my M77 boots from Alfa. Because they can take a serious beating, are very good for my feet and I can use them for almost any purpose. They last very long to!

Feb 17, 2012
Surbiton, Surrey
That's a very difficult question and it would have to be a toss up between my waxed stockman jacket and by Barma fold up leather bush hat.

Both keep me dry in bad weather and though the jacket also keeps me warm its quite bulky whereas the hat fits in a pocket but only helps my head!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
T3 Tilley hat. Never leave the house without it. Ever.

+ 1 to that - buy once and the lifetime guarantee is for real ... when you wear it out , post it back and they send you a new one for just the price of p&p!
I have worn out a few and have never had to pay for replacements :)
They even send you the old one back as a memento if you ask :)

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
+ 1 to that - buy once and the lifetime guarantee is for real ... when you wear it out , post it back and they send you a new one for just the price of p&p!
I have worn out a few and have never had to pay for replacements :)
They even send you the old one back as a memento if you ask :)

LOL. I see MUCH abuse in that policy. I had a cousin who bought old, worn out Tupperware at garage sales (boot sales to y'all) for a nickel or so each and had Tupperware replace them with new ones free.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE