Whats the BEST item of clothing you have ever bought & WHY?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Why didn't the original owners do that?

Why do people do (or not do) many of the things they do? I suspect either they didn't realize Tupperware's policy or they just couldn't be bothered. Maybe they were just cleaning out before a move.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
LOL. I see MUCH abuse in that policy. I had a cousin who bought old, worn out Tupperware at garage sales (boot sales to y'all) for a nickel or so each and had Tupperware replace them with new ones free.

Tilley return the original, but they do mark it so you can't do it twice. Besides, if the company is that good in their customer service, why try to rip them off? Good customer service is all too rare as it is.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Tilley return the original, but they do mark it so you can't do it twice. Besides, if the company is that good in their customer service, why try to rip them off? Good customer service is all too rare as it is.

Agreed. And marking it's a good policy.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Rohan Bags. Lightweight, comfy, dry very quickly and seemingly indestructable - I've got a couple of pairs over 20 years old which are still in one piece and in good nick!

gabrielsdad

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 6, 2012
north staffs
Buffalo special 6 with hood. I've got coats for every season but the special 6 is good year round. The only issue with mine is the pile is flat and see through in places, it has been a favourite since 2003 though!

+1 to that, mine isnt as old as worn yet, but its either in me or with me.

parlanaich

Banned
Aug 28, 2010
scotland
My Swanndri shirt (button up job in green check) without a doubt (must be 20yrs old) proper original made in NZ not China where I'm told they are made now and they are not (I'm told) as good, mine has been on my back most days and it's a bit threadbare now (told many times that I can't go out in that) but what a piece of kit, from memory I gave £50 for it new, it's been worth every penny.

chimpy leon

Jul 29, 2013
staffordshire
Probably my Meindl Burmas. Climbed some pretty tough terrain including a fair few welsh mountains over the two and a half years I have owned them yet they bearly look broken in. The vibram tread on these boots is truly outstanding, it almost appears new when cleaned up as there is no wear damage at all. I cant see them giving up any time soon. And when they finally do - gonna get another pair.

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
Not purchased, but issued...the simple British Army Wooly pully. Warm in all conditions and breaths easily. Just so versatile it's untrue. I've heard recently that some units are now allowing them to be worn again.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Pair of kids black leather Hi-tech boots. Cost me £25 and the salesman said to me that if I wore them out within six months he'd give me my money back and a new pair too.
At that time I was working hard (archaeology) and I killed clothes and boots. I had bought a new pair every three months from him for two years, everything from brasher to scarpa, etc.,....well, it's now at least 15 years down the line and those wee black boots are still going strong :D while the rest are well and truly dead and disposed of.
They have been hiked in, swam in :yikes: sweated in, climbed in, farmyard worked in, gardened in, ploutered along a thousand burns in, toasted beside campfires in, wandered along seacaves in, scrambled over rocks and moors and forests in, and they are still my comfiest pair of boots. They don't owe me a halfpenny :D

cheers,
Toddy

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
Pair of kids black leather Hi-tech boots. Cost me £25 and the salesman said to me that if I wore them out within six months he'd give me my money back and a new pair too.
At that time I was working hard (archaeology) and I killed clothes and boots. I had bought a new pair every three months from him for two years, everything from brasher to scarpa, etc.,....well, it's now at least 15 years down the line and those wee black boots are still going strong :D while the rest are well and truly dead and disposed of.
They have been hiked in, swam in :yikes: sweated in, climbed in, farmyard worked in, gardened in, ploutered along a thousand burns in, toasted beside campfires in, wandered along seacaves in, scrambled over rocks and moors and forests in, and they are still my comfiest pair of boots. They don't owe me a halfpenny :D

cheers,
Toddy

Did you know Hi-Tech are Magnum?

When they first started out 18 years or so (with boots) they were the cheapest you could buy. You can now buy a £180 pair of Magnums!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Did you know Hi-Tech are Magnum?

When they first started out 18 years or so (with boots) they were the cheapest you could buy. You can now buy a £180 pair of Magnums!

I didn't :) I do know that that pair have been bombproof :D and comfortable too :approve:

I bought a pair of side zip magnums not so long ago, and blistered within a couple of hundred metres walking in them :sigh:
I've kept them at the back door so that they get slipped on for out in the garden, or down the burnside, and they are improving :D slowly, but they're becoming not quite so 'rigid' but still secure when on.

cheers,
M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE