Whats the BEST item of clothing you have ever bought & WHY?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

_mark_

Settler
May 3, 2010
Google Earth
In response to the other thread.

For me it has to be the Harkila Pro Hunter, just an amazing bit of kit! Also the Alt-berg boots I've owned, when properly looked after, are incredible.

Catfish1972

Feb 11, 2013
London
Many years ago I bought a hand-made shawl in Manali in the Indian Himalaya. It was made from the belly wool of baby yaks and was without a doubt the warmest little piece of kit I have ever owned. I still have it, but it's full of moth holes. I can't seem to be able to buy one online, so I may well have to go back to Manali to buy a replacement.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
I bought a couple of Swedish Army shirts - I don't know what model - but they a bit like a smock, with two buttons on the front. They are incredibly comfortable, a decent shade of green, hardwearing and only cost a tenner each.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Difficult question.

I've got some really good clothing now, for almost every condition/enviroment imaginable!
So can mix and match.

I find I try to keep kit Ive paid a lot of money for in pristine condition, which takes some of the fun away.

For instance I got 3 pairs of austrian trousers from endicotts, which are pretty much on a par with the more expensive brands, like swedteam etc.

But I'll batter the austrian ones, at £14 a pair, and wont be bothered if they rip or stain or fray.

Whereas, If I was wearing Harkilas, which Ive owned in the past, at £200 a pair, I wouldnt do that.

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
The bits that have done me years and become old freinds are mostly generic types eg motorcycle leather jackets... but as a stand out, my Belstaff waxed cotton trousers have done miles in woodlands and bramble pastures, always warm and protective, easily mended and maintained and actually, pretty damn funky too :)

Theres a few hand spun, hand knit jumpers which have done stirling service over the last 30yrs or so... some of Mums worsted spun ones that she made when sailing in the 50s are still being passed down the family too :) Its a lot of work but a garment thats good for a quarter century + and better than anything you can buy at any cost is worth it and its own satisfaction.

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Another vote for me would be my snowsled classic smock, had it 7 years now. I cant imagine a better garment to tramp round the woods in!

ReamviThantos

Native
Jun 13, 2010
Bury St. Edmunds
Swazi Tahr waterproof coat, Bison zipped bush shirt, buffalo special six top and bottom. Swazi for what it claims to do (be water proof no matter what), bison shirt for warmth, buffalo suit for same. Also plus one for possum beanie and harkilla gear is just fantastic own a safari shirt and pro shooter trousers, tough as old boots.

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
Bison Bushcraft "autumn" shirt - wear it all the time when I'm out unless it's hot. hard wearing and still looks like it did when I bought it years ago.

Re the possum hat that others rate - I bought one and washed it after a few wearings. It's now fit only for a garden gnome. What did I do wrong...

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
Best is hard
Swandri Extreme shirt is almost always with me except in high summer
But I kinda like my North Face down Gilet and Fjallraven trousers as well
Buffs are good as too but they are an accessory

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE