Whats going on with the weather?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mike68

Mar 2, 2007
oxon
Just had an advance warning at work of yet more rain forecast for this weekend.According to the met office 60% chance of significant rainfall for most of England and Wales.
Better cancel the BBQ and head for Scotland!
Mike68

-Switch-

Settler
Jan 16, 2006
Still stuck in Nothingtown...
I'm on a meet this weekend :umbrella:

Not really what you expect from the summer months. I don't mind a bit of rain at all, especially in the autumn/spring. It's just that the British summer is so short and I was looking forward to making the most of it this year, having been rather lazy in getting out over the last few years.

We can have rain any time of the year, and usually I welcome it. But I like to experiance a difference in my bushcraft and outdoor time as the seasons change. If this carries on it'll be like March lasted until October. :(

-Switch-
(Keeping up the time-honored British tradition of whinging about the weather ;) )

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
I am thinking of getting an inflatable boat, just coz i wonna play in it :nana:

I've bought the kids an inflatable kayak and life vest each (kayaks arrived today but the vest's haven't so no playtime today :rolleyes: ) and with the rain as it's been it looks like a good investment.

I just need to get a tandem for me 'n't missus now :D

Dynamite Dan

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 19, 2007
BlackBurn, Lancashire
Its due to the jet stream that usually is north of Scotland this time of year. It stops all teh crappy weather getting down to us, but that jetstream has moved south a few hundred miles this year , resting just south of England, so all the rain that we are usually protected from, is stopping right over us.

When all this cold wet air collides with the warn, central, souther Europe air, you get storms.. BIG storms, just like the ones we've been seeing.

-Switch-

Settler
Jan 16, 2006
Still stuck in Nothingtown...
Its due to the jet stream that usually is north of Scotland this time of year. It stops all teh crappy weather getting down to us, but that jetstream has moved south a few hundred miles this year , resting just south of England, so all the rain that we are usually protected from, is stopping right over us.

When all this cold wet air collides with the warn, central, souther Europe air, you get storms.. BIG storms, just like the ones we've been seeing.

I can just imagine you standing in front of a wall-map, clicking a big black pen and waving your hands about as you were saying that :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE