Being on the road.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

henchy3rd

Settler
Apr 16, 2012
Derby
A couple of sayings I live by..Give a man to fish, he’ll live for a day.
Teach a man to fish, he’ll live forever.
I might be in the gutter, but I’m still looking up.

Albie..I sincerely hope you find your peace & live a full life.

Reactions: Albie01

paddlesat16

Jan 3, 2022
Birmingham
Hello Albie, I'm new here as well mate, Have you been in touch with SSAFA I'm sure they could help you with sorting Accommodation. OAFAAF

Regards Bob ex 3RRF

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
It wasn't on for me to mock your feet, but...you told us how big they are.

I hope you get on today, I have been homeless myself.

If you need any help or advice, please don't be afraid to ask us. We have a lot of knowledge which may come in handy.

Have you tried your local Archive? They are always looking for opportunities to help folk, not just be an academic tool. When I dabbled in Archival practice the ones I worked for were often doing things with homeless folk.

And, of course they know stuff.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Hallo!

Do you have all your stuff that you actually use in your 120 litres rucksack?

Which clothing system do you use and which other equipment? Does it work well or where are points in your equipment that you would like to change?

I recently bought a 110 litres rucksack and currently think about what I should put in there. I can imagine to put in there far more practical stuff than I am actually able to carry.

I used to live for several months out of my rucksack because I usually travel a lot around due to my job. But due to the Covid 19 crisis I lost now my comfortable base camp in the middle of Europe and the best would be if I would become able to get rid of additional storages and really keep all my actually needed stuff in the large backpack. Always everything for all seasons I mean.

That's why I am really interested to learn from you what works for you and what doesn't.
It would be really nice if you can find the time and write a complete packing list of your stuff and some kind of review how it works for you. (If you want to do that I recommend to do that first on paper, because that makes it technical easier.)

I assume that such a list would help other people who search for such informations because they are threatened to become homeless themselves. We get in these forums such questions from time to time.

Reactions: Aneirin

Albie01

Jan 7, 2022
Carlton
Hallo!

Do you have all your stuff that you actually use in your 120 litres rucksack?

Which clothing system do you use and which other equipment? Does it work well or where are points in your equipment that you would like to change?

I recently bought a 110 litres rucksack and currently think about what I should put in there. I can imagine to put in there far more practical stuff than I am actually able to carry.

I used to live for several months out of my rucksack because I usually travel a lot around due to my job. But due to the Covid 19 crisis I lost now my comfortable base camp in the middle of Europe and the best would be if I would become able to get rid of additional storages and really keep all my actually needed stuff in the large backpack. Always everything for all seasons I mean.

That's why I am really interested to learn from you what works for you and what doesn't.
It would be really nice if you can find the time and write a complete packing list of your stuff and some kind of review how it works for you. (If you want to do that I recommend to do that first on paper, because that makes it technical easier.)

I assume that such a list would help other people who search for such informations because they are threatened to become homeless themselves. We get in these forums such questions from time to time.
I have my dutch army hooped bivvy bag with pegs in one side rocket pocket my artic sleeping bag is loosely stuffed in the main body of my Bergen then I have my lifesaver water filter which can filter 4000 litres of water. Then my clothes in a dry bag my wash kit etc, my axe is in a mesh pocket behind my rocket pocket in the top lid I carry my dpm basha. My mess tins and rations fit together and that goes into a utility pocket on the back of the Bergen, and my cookset is in the top of the Bergen so it's easy to get out for a brew.and my 58 pattern water bottle and cup go in the other utility pouch on the other rocket pocket goes my gas two bottles my first aid kit my head touch in in my combats. Knife on my belt my hand saw goes in the extra side pouch. And my folding shovel you.never know when I need to dig a hole for loo. And lastly I dont leave a trace. I'm always on the move.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
If you close the Dutch hooped bivvy bag do you always stay dry in there or do you sometimes get heavy moisture problems due to condensation?
Or do you usually keep the bivvy bag open and mainly use the basha as shelter?

Which clothing do you use?
How many standard sets and spare underwear ?
And which specials do you carry like shorts, swimming breefs, winterclothing, gloves or whatever?

Reactions: Aneirin

Albie01

Jan 7, 2022
Carlton
I've always stayed dry I've not at all waterproofed it at all just because its gortex I use my artic softie trousers and jacket if it gets to them really cold night because you can't do like personal hygiene in the bivvy. So I personally use my mess tin for that. And yea I take a spare clothing ie socks pants etc. I always have a pair of shorts with me also and a pair of gloves. It's very important that you keep your head warm that's where you lose all the heat. And your I just use my basha just for extra shelter. Like I've said I've never had a problem with my hooped bivvy bag hope this helps

Suffolkrafter

Settler
Dec 25, 2019
Suffolk
Welcome to the forum. It's a friendly, level headed corner of the internet.
Wishing you all the best, I hope you get something sorted soon.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE