What watch is on your wrist / What timepiece do you use?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Timex "Atlantis 100" Waterproof to100m, cheap, has stopwatch, dual time alight, day date display and tells the time.
What else do I need!?
I tend not to care much about time when I am out....

MikeE

Sep 12, 2005
Essex
Either Nite GX40 bought cheap in clearance from Heinnie's, issued CWC G10 or Citizen eco watch (can't remember model but chunky mil looking job!)
Have to say Nite GX40 is my favourite, just keeps on going no matter what!:D

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Watches are kind of like jewellery for blokes and I don't do jewellery either.

Just got a Timex Indiglo thing that lives in my back pocket and has a bit of velcro glued onto the back so it can be velcroed onto the top yoke of my motorbike so I can tell the time when on the bike.

When I did wear a watch and do climbing and stuff I can't say the lack of half a grands worth of watch ever bothered me and I never broke any of the cheapo Casios I had although the Animal watchstraps that keep the watch on your wrist even when one of the pins go awol are a good idea.

Well they would be were it not for the fact that they seem designed for people with scrawny wrists:rolleyes:

Grumpy Monkey

Mar 15, 2008
Buckinghamshire
I wear a Casio MTG-930DU-8VER Radio Controlled Solar G-Shock. It's solar panel tops up the battery, so it should last for an amazing amount of time.
It is also radio controlled so the time is always spot-on (and no, not that sort of radio controlled!).
It does everything I need, and looks quite smart so is suitable to wear when all poshed-up.

Jacko

Life Member
Aug 3, 2004
SHROPSHIRE
Traser H3 P5900 (old type) 5 years old, one battery change, but now on issue strap. Simple, solid and dependable. Seen winter in Norway to seven months in the dessert, underwater to 6mts up to 4200mts in alps. Top bit of gear, and then some. :rolleyes:

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
My watch is probably the only bit of kit I leave at home. It was my granddads retirement gift back in 64. Swiss made, 17 jewels in cabloc by Winegartens. I have no idea what any of that means. Had it cleaned up recently as it stopped working and now it's fine. Unfortunately the original strap has long since rotted away.

Nag.

SRC

Mar 14, 2008
Herts
I wear an Omega Seamaster. I got it as an engagement present from my now wife. I only take it off when I play my ukulele. The watch has been very good over years so I've never felt the need to get another one. However, I would like a Rolex Explorer 1 one day if only for the history attached to it.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Tag Heuer Aqua Racer WAF111Z

WAF111Z.BA0801.jpg

But for mucking around in it's a Timex Expedition Combo Watch, cost all of £20.00

2537423SPA64UC216703M.jpg

bingobadgo

Jan 13, 2007
England
I wear this one at work, it is a Seiko SKX009 that has been modded a bit. Its very accurate, +4s per day and i havent got round to regulating it yet! Its not worth too much either, so i dont worry as much as when i wore my Seamaster!

Attachments

• 08032008187.jpg
    08032008187.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 234

Simon H

Nomad
Feb 20, 2008
The Ashdown Forest
Only started to wear a watch again a year ago, it is a Seiko kinetic scuba diver's watch.

Quite dear but they do versions badged as pulsar kinetic for about £50.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
I tend to think that if you want a watch for stomping around in the wilds, you will want one that will serve you indefinitely. Now, I know that even watches that are automatic or manual will need attention every once in a while but they are significantly better than battery powered ones on this basis. Personally, I only want a watch to tell me the time and possibly the date, so I tend to go for simple faces without a face full of little 'subdials' that can make it tricky to read.

The thing that is on my wrist at the moment is an Omega Planet Ocean though I sometimes strap on my No.2 watch, a Kobold SMG-1. Both clear, both accurate, both pretty bombproof and - surprise, surprise - both automatic. I am both happy and punctual!:)

steven andrews

Settler
Mar 27, 2004
Jersey
.. climbing, rifles, archery, abseiling, obstacle courses, high ropes courses, canoeing, raft building, initiative exercises, biking, walking, orienteering and best of all basic survival skills.

That says G-Shock to me. The DW-5600E is the model that I use at work (firefighter). It is tough, 200m water resistant, accurate and has the useful features of alarm, stopwatch and countdown timer. They can be had for under £30 delivered from eBay. I keep my Omega Seamaster for off duty wear!

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
The thing that is on my wrist at the moment is an Omega Planet Ocean though I sometimes strap on my No.2 watch, a Kobold SMG-1. Both clear, both accurate, both pretty bombproof and - surprise, surprise - both automatic. I am both happy and punctual!:)

Bloomin Eck Tiley !!!:eek: Don't go for cheap watches do ya?? I've bought cars for less than those cost!! LOL:D

bingobadgo

Jan 13, 2007
England
I have a Marathon GSAR. It is an automatic so no battery worries and has tritium vials so no problems reading it in the dark. It is waterproof for diving depths so I have no worries in the canoe. It does not look to bad either.

gsar01.jpg
I really like these GSARs, i am in the process of selling some knives and stuff to buy one. How do you get on with it?

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Bloomin Eck Tiley !!!:eek: Don't go for cheap watches do ya?? I've bought cars for less than those cost!! LOL:D

It's a staggeringly huge flaw of mine - I'm afraid I tend to go all-out for quality and then spend years recovering from the shock :eek: . One day, I hope I'll learn...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE