FAK - What do you carry, what do you base camp with and what's your EDC.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Scottieoutdoors

Settler
Oct 22, 2020
Devon
I really need to revisit my kit which I take on a walks/camps. I've got all the basic stuff, but the reality is, if the **** will I know what is where? I think a lot of people (not so much you lot) make up a FAK, pop it in their bag and then thats that forever more... I think I've got more experience with my doggy FAK than my own.

But aside from the usuals, I added a few bits which I like to just live in there, like pain killers, minor pains are no fun if they can be avoided - headaches, mild sprains, toothache etc. I don't see it mentioned much, but I added a couple packs of immodium... :roflmao: Couple of reasons, no one wants to suffer from a dodgy stomach when out and about...secondly I found an area I camped once was a little more exposed than I had planned and the surroundings got pretty popular...

In the car/van I have a basic shop bought ones but added these:
HypaGuard Pocket CPR Face Mask for Resuscitation https://amzn.eu/d/fD7EpTG
I also carry a barrier on my keys as well.

Latest training was first aid at work course. Historically I was in the RNLI so did some training then. I've come across a few things over the years, but never had anything on me and it was all pretty minor... but I'd love to do more training on the matter - as much as I'm not a fan of gore, I'd like to do trauma training, also doggy first aid (Weirdly I know how to do cpr on a dog never practiced obviously, and various bits to do with their feet and claws)

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
I was trained to a pretty high standard of FA for work utilising various not over the counter drugs, de-fibs, trauma bandages and tourniquets.

I remember on a Woodlore course one of the instructors asking a student where his FA kit was. We were using axes at the time. 'Back in my tent' was the reply and the instructor went on to discuss with him having big bleed stuff to hand with knives and axes on the go.

I usually have a booboo/small burn kit in pockets or pouches. When I'm out playing with knives/axes I have a trauma bandage and a tourniquet in a pocket. I recently bought this of a chap in Finland, an excellent maker. Essentially its broad elastic that slides on to a belt, if you are wearing a modern pistol belt there's velcro for the inside to hold it in place, and holds a trauma bandage (6" shown) and in this case a CAT tourniquet. Possibly a slight overkill but I tend to be out on my own so need to be self reliant.IMG_9359.JPG

Reactions: TeeDee

Ozmundo

Jan 15, 2023
Sussex
AED, I drive around with an O2 set as well.

EDC woodland bimble: crepe triangle and/or bandanna plus a pocket knife.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE