What nickname do you have becasue of your hobbie?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
One of the girls in work offered to give me a lift to work one day. When her husband asked who she was taking to work, she apparently said "Outdoor Mike" without thinking.

After she told the story in the office, the name stuck. I like it.

Landy_Dom

Nomad
Jan 11, 2006
Mold, North Wales
I've been called Dom Mears by fellow scout leaders (when they're pleased with me), Dom Grylls (when they want a rise out of me), McGyver by some, The professor or professor Potts by one of my bosses, Lanky git by my climbing partner, sometimes dangerous Dom.... a few things.

Thankfully mostly a lot more complimentary than what I used to get called at School.

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
I was nicknamed Sparky throughout my childhood and also during my Army years as it rhymed with my surname.

Due to having done martial arts for years my cousins nicknamed me Miyagi and that side of the family including their kids all call me that.

Liam

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece
Depends on the mates really.

The older mates often call me "gix" which is a shortened version of "gixer", after the many Suzuki GSXR's i tended to get through.

Other than that, as my name is Mark there isn't really much of a need to shorten it much.
Plus we don't tend to get many Mark's over here so it's also pretty distinctive here in Greece.

Rockmonkey

Settler
Jan 12, 2012
uk
Wife call's me or Kip or kipper, small baby dog from kid's books!
Where i worked for 6 years they called me Runty!, even now when i pop in from time to time, because i am small like the runt of the litter!
At school i was called smurf, even by some of the teachers! again , because i am short (beginning to see a pattern here)!
A couple of members here who will remain anonymous call me Jason Donovan, but i don't know why?, he's not that short!:p

widu13

Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
Spandit and Jack say I should be called "Gimp" because of our bonding sessions. I'm not sure what it is, but it sounds nice and friendly.
BTW it's very restrictive typing in this suit...and can I take the mask off now please?

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
Spandit and Jack say I should be called "Gimp" because of our bonding sessions. I'm not sure what it is, but it sounds nice and friendly.
BTW it's very restrictive typing in this suit...and can I take the mask off now please?

Somewhere there's a line, a line that should not be crossed. Sadly for us that line is so far behind us it's now just a dot in our rear view mirror.

Now back in your box. If your lucky we'll let you out to play at the weekend.

widu13

Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
Somewhere there's a line, a line that should not be crossed. Sadly for us that line is so far behind us it's now just a dot in our rear view mirror.

Now back in your box. If your lucky we'll let you out to play at the weekend.

Please Jack not the box...the last time you made me go in it, you poked things at me through the air holes.

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
Well I got the nickname Chopper from my hobby, but I cant tell you what my hobby is as this is a family forum.;););)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE