What nickname do you have becasue of your hobbie?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
Someone let slip at work today that they have a nickname for me because of all the bushcraft stuff I do and have delivered to work. I think they thought I would be upset by it, but to be honest, I've been called much worse.

They use to call me the "urban Ray Mears" (quite a compliment to me). But now I'm "Teddybear Grylls", which I think is sweet.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Erm ... for a while I was "Action Trousers" ... I even got a Hoodie with that printed on the back from a fan :)
It all started when I reviewed some Regatta legwear of said name for a mag and the type setting made it look like "Action Trousers" referred to me not the garment.... honest!

greensurfingbear

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I took part in a rather snowy winter hiking competition back when I was in venture scouts in the 90s had long hair and a beard. Came into the check point with my hair in two braids, wrapped up earn and covered in snow. Apparently I looked like something from a Norse saga.

Hence nick name Orric.

Sent via mind bullets, beware the ricochet.

lucan

Nomad
Sep 6, 2010
East Yorks
I don't so much have a nickname, They just usually "Take the Michael" Grylls and Mears have been mentioned . I've told em they're welcome to come if they want.

We Finish early on a Friday at work, So I leave straight from there and head for the woods, while the rest head to the pub and bookies, One or two have started to come along now they know what it entails.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
My father calls me Ray Mears. People at work call me nuts.

People at the meets call me a variety of things, none of which are particularly complementary ;)

mace242

Native
Aug 17, 2006
Yeovil, Somerset, UK
No name as such but this is how it is. Dead cat outside work this morning and it was suggested at vaious times by various workmates that I should collect, skin, cook, eat, make hat out of, etc.. said cat. All in jest and light hearted and made me giggle.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
iv been called the caveman for years...i suppose its justified:lmao:

cimg0288gb.jpg

By wanderingpict at 2012-03-14

Last edited:

Bundleman

Forager
Jan 17, 2012
Woodbridge, Suffolk
Years ago I had four guys working with me coppicing. They did all the cross-cut work and I did the axe work.
They would put the bottom cut for the birdsmouth in shout "GOB" and l'd come chop the top out. .
You can guess what nickname it took me years to loose.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE