What Items Do You Have In Your Sheath

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
i have a knife, a fire steel, and a dc3 sharpner in mine, three assential tools in my oppinion, and i'm just about ti incorparate a button compass into the new desighn.
here is my multicarry system.

007 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
I have an awl, a firesteel and (not pictured) a length of artificial sinew and a couple of needles. Theres also a length of cord attached to the sheath.

sat03.jpg

phaserrifle

Nomad
Jun 16, 2008
South of England
the most I've ever attached was a sharpening stone, and paracord wrapped round the outside of the sheath.
and that was only as an experiment. past that I stick with just the knife itself.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Just wondering what you guys pack in your sheath...and have that as my main knife

Usually just a knife...

PA240470.JPG

....although I have an option to use the neck sheath which has a slot for a firestick, a small DC3 sharpening stone and the cord for the underarm carry.

IMG_0001.JPG

I also have one of Rapidboy's Mora sheaths which holds both a firestick and a small LED torch.

mora_sm.jpg

You should have a look at Pict's youtube video where he describes his neck sheath setup, some good ideas there.

[video=youtube;9BwUydd2JKo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BwUydd2JKo[/video]
:)

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
"...You should have a look at Pict's youtube video where he describes his neck sheath setup, some good ideas there.
[video=youtube;9BwUydd2JKo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BwUydd2JKo[/video]
..."

He's sparking the firesteel with the blade of his knife!

You aint wrong - does he have a sharpener in that kit?

I didn't notice that, the Newt Livesay NRGS does look like it has a rounded back but maybe some file work on the choil would produce and edge suitable for sparking?

:)

Last edited:

Pict

Settler
Jan 2, 2005
Central Brazil
clearblogs.com
He's sparking the firesteel with the blade of his knife!

Actually there is a small choil at the base of the blade that I use as that is the only "sharp" edge for such a purpose. The back of the blade is rounded off. I have been doing this for about 10 years with that knife and there is ZERO damage to the edge. That knife is hair popping sharp, convexed to about 3000 grit. Mac

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE