What is the utilmate breakfast in the Bush?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
I have a fry up in the fridge waiting for tomorrow's breakfast, but you lot are making me hungry.

The best sausages I ever had (and I love all sausages) were made with pork, beef and mustard seeds from a butcher in Falkirk.

Stooboy does a mean "exploding from the embers" egg wake up call I seem to remember.

"Hey Stoo how come my slices of fried chorizo didnt get a mention? Im now off to sit by myself in the loft to rock backwards and forwards with the lights off muttering to myself." - Andybysea.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

nuggets

Native
Jan 31, 2010
england
:D a sip of coconut milk from a fresh cut husk :rolleyes: offered to you by cheryl cole /tweedy swingin on a hammock watchin the sun come up on the horizon :D:D

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Coffee,chocolate,cig.

I like the 'Big breakfast' tins too.

But real bacon,eggs and mushroom takes some beating.

I'm Hank Marvin noo...

Miyagi

Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Coffee,chocolate,cig.

I like the 'Big breakfast' tins too.

But real bacon,eggs and mushroom takes some beating.

I'm Hank Marvin noo...

Aye Tam, caffeine and nicotine!

These two are so vital first thing in the morning they should be reclassified as food groups in their own right.

All the best,

Liam

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
:D a sip of coconut milk from a fresh cut husk :rolleyes: offered to you by cheryl cole /tweedy swingin on a hammock watchin the sun come up on the horizon :D:D

All the ones I ever drank were offered to me by dirty pedallers with bad teeth and a big machete by the side of a busy road.

As for Cheryl Cole, no thanks luv, give me a proper woman. :D

Melonfish

Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
chorizo does make a good starter in the morning, but salami is also good, just let the slices caramalize a little too and its extra tasty, Calibanzwei got me on the cooked brekkies with black pud, chorizo and scrambled egg. i also like my porridge tho, nowt beats a bit of porridge in the morning ;)
i'm curently looking for some dry cure bacon so i don't have to refrigerate it

forestwalker

Fruity bannock? That is not a breakfast for a real days work. Dice some bacon or fatback, mix up a pancake batter, put the meat in a skillet with some extra butter. Once it is half done pour in batter nd fry, turning once. Imagine a slightly crispy pancake, but with bacon in it. This was what the old time loggers lived on.

For a bannok you can carry along mix in the half done bacon with the batter and bake the bannok as usual. I sometimes make two; one for breakfast, and one for lunch. Perfect for a quick meal on the trail/in the canoe.

PRKL

Nomad
Jan 27, 2010
Finland
bannockjatrapperi2.jpg

Well i like like bannocks of many variants,this one is still my favourite,it has drued reindeer meat baked in.

Miyagi

Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
That's a braw looking bannock!! :D

I'm just glad my rabbit curry is nearly ready. This thread makes me salivate.

All the best,

Liam

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
I have a one pan breakfast...

In a (largish) fryingpan, cook sausages, bacon and mushrooms...
Then add tin of beans / tin of tomatoes (whatever your preference is... once they are bubbling nicely make shallow bowl in the mixture and crack an egg (repeat this for however many eggs you wish to cook) leave the mixture for 5 mins, the egss will cook from the heat of the mixture and the frying pan.

Dish up and enjoy.....

PREPER

Settler
Dec 31, 2009
Notts
Hi all,

I am going to be at a meet soon and I was wondering what peoples ulimate or usual breakfast in the Bush is?

I have two that I really like, one healthier than the other.

I love rolled oats with fruit and berries with milk (the healthy option)

The unhealthier one is bacon wraps with mushrooms, sausages, tomatoes, bacon, thin banock bread (the wrap part) all of which can be cooked over an open fire without pots and pans, or can depending on mood and how I feel :)

So what your favourite and how do you do it?

If it's the 2010 Outdoor Show meet next week I'll be there with a full English cooked on a Honey Stove. :dancer:

PRKL

Nomad
Jan 27, 2010
Finland
That's a braw looking bannock!! :D

I'm just glad my rabbit curry is nearly ready. This thread makes me salivate.

All the best,

Liam

aamupala.jpg

At some trip,i made this,pretty tasty breakfast before we headed into steep rocky uphill trails.Loads of eggs with sliced bratwurst sausage.
Stroke,they called it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE