What is the utilmate breakfast in the Bush?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
Hi all,

I am going to be at a meet soon and I was wondering what peoples ulimate or usual breakfast in the Bush is?

I have two that I really like, one healthier than the other.

I love rolled oats with fruit and berries with milk (the healthy option)

The unhealthier one is bacon wraps with mushrooms, sausages, tomatoes, bacon, thin banock bread (the wrap part) all of which can be cooked over an open fire without pots and pans, or can depending on mood and how I feel :)

So what your favourite and how do you do it?

phill_ue

Banned
Jan 4, 2010
Sheffield
I find pitta pockets are a good robust and long lasting bread altrenative that is great once packed with bacon and melted cheese! I prefer to have mine with a slice of good thick black coffee!

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
The ultimate breakfast is a full english cooked breakfast. Dry cured bacon, cumberland sausages, fresh mushrooms, fried bread, fresh eggs, black pudding, mushrooms, baked beans and served with HP sauce.

However, I usually make do with either sausage or bacon wraps with HP sauce :rolleyes:

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
I'm more or less with mesquite on this though i'm happy to miss out the black pud and beans........ will eat black pud but happy to not have it and beans are too messy (love em though esp with some chilli and Worcester sauce)

oh yes i'd swap the fried bread for toast! fried bread....... blerugh! :yuck:

like your style to have a double portion of mushrooms though Steve - good call! :D

steven andrews

Settler
Mar 27, 2004
Jersey
A crumpet folded in half with bacon in the middle, with a dash of Tabasco, served with a woods temperature bottle of lager (if there are any left over from the night before).

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
What Mesquite says... Can't beat a full english.. I believe Wayland is on a quest to find the ingredients of the perfect full english... :D

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
What Mesquite says... Can't beat a full english.. I believe Wayland is on a quest to find the ingredients of the perfect full english... :D

He's found the sausages (from the same guy that makes the for the queen :rolleyes: ) and the bacon I think... be interesting to see what he goes for with the rest :)

stooboy

Settler
Apr 30, 2008
Fife, Scotland
SimonM does a great looking all-in-one fried breakfast in foil, one day I'll talk him into making me one.

funnily enough i was thinking about that the other day and pm'd him for the recipe, yet to try it though maybe next weekend!

i like my porridge in the morning, easy to make and tasty although can be a bit messy to clean washed down with crusader full off tea or coffee.

peterlee_paddler and miyagii do mean breakfast fry ups :) I think Toddy is the best camp fire cook ive come across :D

Stoo.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Hey Stoo how come my slices of fried chorizo didnt get a mention? Im now off to sit by myself in the loft to rock backwards and forwards with the lights off muttering to myself.

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
First breakfast in one big cup:
Sweet milky porridge flavored with quite a bit of coffee

It hits the bases so you then get the fire going to get the second breakfast going, which is either full english, or staffy oatcake with cheese bacon mushroom filling.

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
Fried smoky bacon rashers
Fried eggs (over easy)
Fried mushrooms in (real) butter
Fresh wholemeal bread lightly toasted over the fire.

Freshly brewed coffee in a big thermal mug to wash it down.

There's something unbeatable about the taste of bacon and coffee when you are out in the open. For some reason it tastes so much better than at home.

Longstrider

Settler
Sep 6, 2005
South Northants
Can't beat a proper full english :) If you want to make it into a 'bushy breakfast' then forget the mushrooms and substitute with a 3/8" slice from a nice big fresh giant puffball, fried in butter and used like a platter to put everything else on. Superb ! :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE