What have you done for the Environment Today?

• Hey Guest, For sale we have Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteel PLEASE LOOK HERE for more information or use the Pay Now button in the sidebar

Broch

Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
Lego can't win really can they - fantastic product: same design for decades, lasts forever, and children from 3 to 93 play with it. But, it lasts forever. We'd all complain if it disintegrated after five years. I bet they're thinking about it though -- maybe they just take old Lego back and re-use it.

And there you go :)

Reactions: TeeDee

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Lancashire
Lego started as a company making wooden toys. Perhaps a sustainable forest producing sustainable wooden Lego????

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I have grown three sweet chestnut trees from some I got just before Xmas to roast on the fire. I'm now on the lookout for suitable planting spots.
Our local council are a bit handy with the strimmers and seem to wear a blindfold while strimming. Everything goes!
Waiting for tree planting time in the autumn and I'll plant them. Have two possible spots so far.

Mostly a muse - but maybe this could ( should ) become a running thread?

I saw this long running thread :- https://bushcraftuk.com/community/threads/what-did-you-buy-today.70299/

And I just thought , well, that's very commercial isn't it? I mean , its in essence about being a Consumer.

Now I'm not on a massive rant about people buying stuff ( been more than guilty of that myself ) but as I get older I now ask myself ( and this may sound kooky ) about what sort of relationship I want with the item I'm buying??? Does it have too much packaging ? if I buy it I am now RESPONSIBLE for the actual recycling and disposal of that - etc.

So as we are all Bushcrafter's I'd like to pose a new question - WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR THE ENVIRONMENT TODAY??

Could be as simple as picking up litter or rubbish on a local walk , but hopefully is could be something more interesting as planting trees , organising a community rubbish collection , cutting back invasive non-native species etc.
Picked up rubbish left on a path meters away from a bin.
Burned my unrecyclable card........made a pile of branches for the insects to invade...

Reactions: Scottieoutdoors

Hultafors Outdoor knife for Sale

We have a a number of Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteels for sale.

You can see more details here in this thread OUTDOOR KNIVES The price is £27 posted to the UK. Pay via the paypal button below.